EcoAgriculture Partners seeks a motivated and bright researcher, writer and thinker to join our team as a Program Intern.
EcoAgriculture Partners is an international non-profit organization that strives to bring about a world where rural landscapes are managed to improve rural livelihoods, conserve
ecosystems, and sustainably produce food and fiber. The organization does so by
providing training, research, policy, and finance solutions, and support to farmers, communities, and organizations at the local, national and international levels. We use integrated landscape management as a widely applicable framework for sustainable development and a solution to
global challenges such as food security, persistent poverty, climate change, ecosystem degradation, and biodiversity loss. We are leading the development of the global 1000 Landscapes for 1 Billion People initiative to use radical collaboration and human-centered design to scale our impact to the next level. To learn more about EcoAgriculture Partners, visit www.ecoagriculture.org. For more information on the 1000L initiative, visit landscapes.global.
Reporting to the Director for Landscape Finance and Policy, the intern will undertake program activities for EcoAgriculture Partners over a negotiable period during the summer. The program intern will gain an understanding of integrated landscape management, particularly its finance and policy-related dimensions.
- Contribute to the writing of research papers and other knowledge product
- Support the 1000L Landscape Finance Accelerator
- Support research on innovative landscape finance mechanisms
- Support the development of LIFT 2.0, a set of finance-related tools for ILM.
- Various outreach and administrative tasks as assigned.
- Graduate student, or recent graduate with a background in, environmental studies, agricultural development, economics, finance, policy, or a related subject;
- Excellent writing and editing skills;
- Experience synthesizing complex information for a general audience
- Strong multi-tasker able to work independently and as part of a team;
- Flexible and willing to learn
Professional fluency in Spanish, French or another language