Edwards offers its university talent an opportunity to create innovative, life saving devices and techniques that help physicians provide better opportunities for patients around the world. As a global leader in treating advanced cardiovascular disease, we know that millions of people benefit from our passion, our focus, and our innovation.
• This internship provides the opportunity to work in the Implant Manufacturing Quality Engineering area.
• The intern will make meaningful impacts through challenging projects.
Education and Experience:
Pursing a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD Degree in Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Bioengineering etc.
Course competition of engineering mechanics and mechanical design is preferred.
• Internship applicants must be enrolled in an accredited bachelor’s, master’s, PhD, or MBA program for the entire duration of their internship. Upon graduating, students are no longer eligible for an internship at Edwards. Graduating December 2021 or later is required.
• Availability for an assignment for a minimum of 10 weeks over the course of the Summer.
• Must be in good scholastic standing (3.0+ GPA or equivalent)
• Must not require company sponsorship for employment-based visa now or in the future.
• Comfortable working in laboratory environment. Hands-on and highly motivated. Able to follow procedures, perform testing and clearly convey data results.
• Strong interest in pursuing relevant industry experience. Interest in the healthcare and medical devices industry is a plus.
• Attention to detail.
• Be proficient in drafting software (Solidworks or Creo Parametric preferred).
• Conceptualize, develop, and iterate designs in response to design requirements specified.
• Test new designs (functional testing, mechanical testing, and simulated use) and brainstorm novel ideas for device improvements using test results.
• Assist in documenting production department concerns and aid in troubleshooting and resolving technical problems.
• Provide documentation support and complete written reports on testing and designs.
• Actively participate in design reviews and provide relevant feedback for teammates.
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world’s leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan – it’s our life’s work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.