The Elizabeth Dole Foundation is seeking a Development Intern to join our team from June
2021 through November 2021. This position will report to the Development Manager and
support the team in with administrative processes, data management, commitment tracking,
and donor acquisition efforts.
The successful candidate will learn about the more than 5 million Americans who identify as
military and veteran caregivers, and will work with the EDF team to build support and provide
resources for that community. They will also be introduced to the operations of nonprofit
development team and donor engagement, cultivation, and stewardship.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, detail-oriented, with strong communication
skills and a positive attitude. Awareness of, and experience with, military and veteran
caregivers and their families is a plus.
EDF offers paid internships with an expectation of up to 20 hours of work during the summer,
with fall hours dependent on the intern’s schedule. The internship would be primarily remote
through Labor Day 2021, and EDF welcomes candidates based in either the Washington DC area
or in Southeastern Virginia. After Labor Day, in-person hours may be an option for a DC-based
• Assist with all administrative support for the Development team
• Support the creation of peer-to-peer fundraising campaigns
• Support digital onboarding series creation
• Research donors and potential donors and update EDF’s Salesforce database
• Assist the Development team with prospect strategy development
• Assist with processing contributions as needed