P&R Asset Team Analyst | Intelligence
Why YOU want this position
Enverus is the largest SaaS company solely dedicated to the world’s biggest market – Energy. Enverus empowers companies to transform the traditional way of making decisions by accessing world-class intellectual capital, innovative cloud technology and collaborative partnerships. Enverus provides value to customers across the entire energy mix with more than 1,400 professionals dedicated to the evolution of the industry and striving to delivering reliable, cost-effective energy to the world.
Enverus delivers business-critical insights to the global energy industry through a state-of-the-art SaaS platform built on industry-leading data and energy analytics. Our solutions deliver value across the entire energy value chain, empowering customers to be more agile, efficient and competitive.
We are currently seeking a highly driven team player to join our Intelligence team in Calgary, AB. This role offers the opportunity to join a rapidly growing company partnering with customers in the world’s most dynamic and fastest-growing sector. Enverus is the right company at the right time.
As an Associate on our Power & Renewables Intelligence team, you will collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of financial analysts, engineers, economists, data scientists, developers, and others in producing research for institutional investors and corporate clients. Collectively, you will work to both enhance our technology platform and leverage it to interact directly with clients and help answer some of the hardest questions facing industry and investors today.
· Research and communicate to clients the intricacies of traditional thermal and renewable generation technologies (coal, gas, nuclear, solar, wind, hydro), and emerging technologies (hydrogen electrolysers and fuel cells, lithium storage, DCFC, micro-inverters, CCUS, etc)
· Aggregate and analyze large data sets to identify trends, characterize opportunities, build forecasts, value assets and companies and generate opinions on market activity
· Develop specialized financial and forecasting models using securities filings, investor documents, transcripts, press releases, internal global scouting, and other sources. These models support research publications and are integrated with Enverus’ proprietary technology platform, Enverus Prism™
· Update, maintain and improve proprietary databases critical for formulating opinions on assets including economic assumptions, operational velocity metrics, and financial data
· Participate in conference calls and in-person meetings with clients and prospects, leveraging Enverus Intelligence™, Enverus Foundations™ and Enverus Core™ solutions to help answer some of the hardest questions facing industry and investors today
Competitive Candidate Profile
· Ambition to work collaboratively on an interdisciplinary team of subject matter experts with a steep learning curve and commitment to career development
· Experience in large data sets, building financial economic models and data visualizations
· Proven problem-solving skills with an ability to analyze and concisely articulate complex ideas through writing and verbal presentations
· Self motivated with a strong desire to develop a deep understanding of the technologies and companies driving the energy transition and to become the leading expert in this field
· Outstanding record of academic achievement and demonstrated aptitude for analytics
· Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Engineering/Finance/Economics, or related field
· 2+ years of relevant work experience
· Has or is pursuing a professional designation (CFA, MBA, P.Eng.)
· Has a can-do attitude along with a deep sense of curiosity
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong attention to detail, self-motivated with a strong work ethic
Enverus is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Company provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability