Do you want to change the way the world travels?
Brand Expedia is seeking a Senior Manager of Strategy and Operations to join our Marketing organization. As a member of the Strategy team, you will support our organization with business storytelling and thought leadership on key initiatives, articulation of our strategy into an impactful plan, and facilitating the organizational operating rhythm. Partnering closely with marketing, product, and tech leaders across the organization, this role will be instrumental in bringing our value proposition to life for our customers around the globe.
- Working with Marketing Leadership, support the organization’s operational rhythm by coordinating key forums such as quarterly reviews, weekly leadership meetings, and monthly team town halls
- Provide strategy support on key Marketing initiatives through effective storytelling that synthesizes complex information into clear, viable recommendations utilizing strategic frameworks and compelling data insights
- Represent Brand Expedia in cross-team forums, workshops, and steering committees, advocating the brand strategy, customer, and value proposition
- Partner closely with product & tech, tracking product roadmaps, sharing marketing priorities, and working with product marketing to build a cohesive marketable product roadmap supporting the brand GTM strategy
- Support the Marketing Leadership team with annual strategy planning, target setting, and leadership offsites. Track progress on strategic priorities through scorecard development, weekly financial performance reviews, and monthly leadership updates
- Develop a deep understanding of customer motivations, the competitive environment, market trends, and business performance drivers to challenge the status quo and inspire change
- Work to break silos and bring cohesiveness across a highly matrixed organization, supporting the annual strategic plan and brand value proposition
- When required, lead and deliver projects which are Marketing-focused but require a project management or strategic capability
Who you are:
- A storytelling rock-star who can frame issues, prioritize analysis, and synthesize output into succinct executive-ready communications that drive to recommendations and decisions
- A lover of process, continuous improvement, and a student of simplifying the complex
- An excellent problem solver able to identify key issues with the analytics prowess to drive insights and action
- A strong communicator, both written and verbal, able to lead through influence
- A change agent who is inventive, resourceful, and flexible
- High-energy with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Passionate for travel and making an impact for the customer
- Knowledgeable in consumer insights, digital marketing, and e-commerce
You will fit this role if you have:
- MBA or Bachelor’s degree in Marketing / Business / Economics
- 2+ years of work experience with a strategy consulting firm, or experience in a respected operating company’s strategy function
- Experience in building executive presentations and supporting senior leaders
- Strong analytical skills and exposure to research and analysis techniques
- Proven attention to detail in dealing with sophisticated projects and time-sensitive deliverables
- Project management training, qualification, or experience
- Previous experience working with global brands
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world’s travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, hardworking, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people’s lives better – that responsibility encourages us to be the place where outstanding people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you’re applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares. If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization.
- Posted Today
- Full time