Nature of Assignments
Each year ExxonMobil hires a number of exceptional students as Financial / Business / Operations Analysts. Over a career, outstanding performers will be developed to become the future leaders of ExxonMobil’s financial organization. Early assignments provide exposure to global operations and a variety of businesses through activities such as:
- Analysis and reporting of financial and business operating results
- Accounting for complex financial transactions
- Designing and evaluating financial and operating control systems
- Responsible for revenue, major project cost, or other financial processes supporting Upstream operations
- Improving financial and accounting processes
- Providing broad financial support to operating and financial organizations
- Coordination of a business unit’s financial plan, operating forecast and/or capital budget
- Conduct and lead audits of our business functions and external business partners
Through these activities you will work closely with both financial and business line operating management to improve our processes, and participate in business decisions. Many of our initial positions are located at our Houston Campus, refineries, and chemical plants. You can expect to rotate through two to three assignments in the first five to six years allowing for a variety of experiences to build skills and knowledge.
We are looking for people who:
Are Inquisitive: Demonstrate intellectual curiosity
Have Integrity: Honest and ethical, do what is right
Care: Respectful and inclusive, contribute to the well-being of our communities and environment
Have Courage: Take initiative, think boldly and take personal ownership
Demonstrate Excellence: Hold themselves to high standards
Are Resilient: Determined, purposeful and steadfast in our principles
Demonstrated performance will lead to increasing responsibility and opportunities across the financial organizations (business analysis, financial reporting, accounting, financial controls) and through various business lines (Upstream, Downstream, Chemicals) via job rotation. The career path for candidates exhibiting exceptional performance may lead to domestic and international relocation opportunities and significant management responsibility.
Required Qualifications, Skills, Abilities and Knowledge
- Bachelors / Masters with proficiency in relevant areas, such as financial analysis, accounting, corporate finance, data analytics, international business
- Proven record of initiative, leadership, and academic achievement
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
To be considered for this position, please apply at https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareerpvt?jobId=48789&company=exxonmobilP&st=A1468CF6779423B546641F82ACDEA2AA5A4210F5
and upload your resume and transcript into your application.
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.