The development and administrative associate intern is responsible for assisting in and supporting fundraising, marketing, communications, and administrative operations within FAN4Kids. This position will provide direct experience in aspects of managing and supporting the revenue and program side of a non-profit organization. This position will be fully remote with the exception of required meetings and events when we are able to have in person events again.
Essential Duties of this Role (but not limited to)
· Helps to manage donor database; keeps in regular contact with donors during fundraising events.
· Maintains the accuracy and integrity of databases by ensuring that all information is kept current and up to date.
· Troubleshoots database issues.
· Provides support to various committees and volunteers during fundraising campaigns and events.
· Assists with the creation and finalization of guest lists and management of event software programs.
· Assists with correspondence to potential donors, volunteers and guests in order to inform them of events and activities.
· Provides support with other administrative tasks, marketing, communications, advertising efforts and work in public relations.
· Assists in grant requests and proposals when necessary, and updating grant tracking documents.
· Helps to process and complete data entry for program school-year-end data from surveys, BMI readings, and fitness assessments
· Assists with administrative aspect of digital programming (i.e. uploading videos, creating wording, assuring proper segmentation, etc.)
· Performs basic administrative duties such as filing, data entry, maintaining a filing system and more.
· Assists in scheduling meetings/attending with prospective funders and donors, and city, state and federal elected officials.
· Provide extra assistance with social media as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Possesses experience in Little Green Light (donor base) or other databases (willing to train).
· Has excellent skills in all Microsoft products and any online design programs like Canva, as well as email marketing
· Has the ability to work flexible work hours including nights, holidays and weekends.
· Displays exceptional time-management and organizational skills as needed for meeting deadlines.
· Shows persuasiveness and the ability to support donors, funders and secure items needed for fundraising efforts.
· Demonstrates a kind, upbeat and professional demeanor whether speaking to others in person, over the phone, via email or through letters.
· Works well alone as well as under direct supervision and is extremely self-motivated.
· Is efficient in being able to multi-task, whilst maintaining a high quality output and knows when to inquire about the priority of tasks.
Education and Experience
While not all employers require a development and administrative associate to have a formal education other than a high school diploma or a GED, some may require a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business, finance or a related field. In lieu of a degree, FAN4Kids allows candidates for this role to substitute two to three years’ experience in a field related to administration, business finance, and fundraising. Experience in fundraising is preferred but we are willing to provide on-the-job training to skilled candidates.
This is a fully remote position with the exception of meetings and special events which may take place on evenings and weekends. The work environment of the development and administrative associate can fluctuates quite a bit during certain times. The job is not incredibly physically demanding, but the candidate may need to be on his or her feet for upwards of eight to 10 hours per day during events.
This is an internship position. Travel stipends may be offered depending on the task required. There is a possibility for a small stipend for specific tasks as needed.