NOTE:This positing will close onFriday, October 30th.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas believes in the diversity of our people, ideas and experiences, and we are committed to building an inclusive culture that represents the communities we serve./
ABOUT THE DALLAS FED:
At the Dallas Fed we serve the public by partnering with communities and businesses, promoting jobs and stable prices, and keeping your money safe and available. We welcome different perspectives, ideas, and experiences, and are committed to maintaining an inclusive and diverse culture. As part of the nation’s central bank, we are committed to improving the economy and our communities. Are you ready to make a difference?
Learn more about the Dallas Fed:www.dallasfed.org/fed.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM:
We offer paid, full-time summer internships for many majors, with fulfilling work and opportunities to grow. To help launch your career, we provide dedicated staff mentors. You’ll also learn from senior leaders and industry experts. As part of the Federal Reserve System, you’ll be connected to a professional network that spans the nation. You will begin in early June 2021 and will be based in the Dallas office.
Learn more about our internship program:www.dallasfed.org/internships.
ABOUT YOUR TEAM:
Treasury Services department strives to be a trusted partner committed to proactively seeking new ways to helping Fiscal Service generate enhanced value for the U.S. taxpayer. Our current scope of operation involves assisting government benefit recipients receiving paper checks convert to electronic forms of payment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
** Aid data analytics within the department by performing one or more of the following functions:
- Advance the department’s "Test and Learn" program by executing operational changes on an experimental basis and analyzing the results
- Support the department’s use of operational metrics by developing reports and setting up automated delivery
- Fulfil department’s adhoc data requests
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Undergraduate entering their Senior year. Preferred areas of study include Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, and Business Analytics
- Experience navigating and extracting data from relational databases using complex SQL queries
- Experience with business intelligence tools (such as Tableau), and advanced Microsoft Excel techniques (such as pivot tables)
- Knowledge of foundational statistical concepts, such as probability, hypothesis testing, confidence intervals, and basic regression techniques
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and break down complex problems into manageable components
- Knowledge of R and/or Python
- Knowledge of advanced statistical concepts like deep learning and non-parametric methods
OUR ONSITE BENEFITS:
- Free access to 1,400 ft2 fitness center (open 24/7)
- Free parking garage onsite just for Bank staff
- Free DART public transportation passes
- Café and dining options onsite
- Dress for your day
OUR VIRTUAL BENEFITS:
- Flexible location and hours
- Free LinkedIn Learning account
- Professional development opportunities
- One-on-one Senior Management engagement across District
- Broader networking opportunities across District
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (40 hours/ week). Some additional hours may be required
This is a security sensitive position. By federal law, this position requires that candidates be a U.S. citizen.
Employment is contingent upon the selected candidate passing a background check and drug screen. Candidates will be required to submit at least three references and submit fingerprints prior to employment.
If you need special accommodations during your interview process, please notify your Talent Acquisition Consultant.
/We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer/
Organization: *Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
Title: 2021 Summer Intern – Data Analyst
Requisition ID: 265908