Summer Intern 2022, Economic Research – FS/IF/MA/R&S – 22569
Primary Location : DC-Washington
Employee Status : Temporary
Overtime Status : Non-exempt
Job Type : Internship
Travel : No
Shift : Day Job Years of Experience Required: : 0 Education Required: : Some College Relocation Provided: : No Salary Grade Low: : 20 Salary Grade High: : 22
Posting Date : Sep 6, 2021
This requisition is not an actual job vacancy. This requisition serves to establish a pipeline of interested individuals for future opportunities at the Federal Reserve Board of Governors. The economic research internship program offers a number of summer research opportunities across each of our four economics divisions.
– Financial Stability (FS)
– International Finance (IF)
– Monetary Affairs (MA)
– Research & Statistics (R&S) This program provides students with the opportunity to gain valuable research experience, network with peers in the field, and to work side-by-side with our economists and analysts in support of the Board’s important research and policy work. The program is designed to help students develop quantitative analysis, critical thinking, and writing skills through your summer experience. Summer projects cover a broad range of topics including, but not limited to:
– Gathering /analyzing large data sets
– Programming economic models
– Historical analysis
– Economic Forecasting
– Analyzing current policy issues These internships are ideal for students looking to build their research acumen, who have an interest in graduate school, or who are considering the Board’s Research Assistant (RA) program after graduation. Economic interns are given priority consideration for 2023 RA openings, given positive summer performance and aligned graduation timeframes. Note:
- This posting is for multiple economic research internships in each of the four divisions listed above. All internships will be 10-12 weeks.
- Applications are accepted through October 31 and will be reviewed after the posting close date, with most interviews occuring by the end of November.
- Learn more about the Board’s economists and their research at https://www.federalreserve.gov/econres.htm
- Learn more about our internship program at https://www.federalreserve.gov/careers-internships.htm
Majors: Pursuing a degree in economics, finance, or related field (e.g. statistics, computer science, mathematics, business).
Skills/Knowledge: Previous research and statistical programming experience is a plus, but not required.
- U.S. citizenship required
- Current undergraduate or graduate student, graduating from program in Fall 2022 or later
Application Instructions/Required Documents
No later than 10/31/2021, complete the following:
1. Upload resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcript to your profile before submitting your application.
2. Provide one (1) letter of recommendation – can be academic or professional
- Attach to your applicant profile if you have a copy.
- If your recommender would like their submission to remain confidential, they can send it to email@example.com and we will attach to your profile.
Req ID: 22569