Corporate Social Responsibility Fellow
Fenton is the social change agency taking on the world’s toughest challenges in progressive advocacy, human rights, social and economic justice, environment, education, and public health. Primed with deep issue expertise and powered by creativity and passion, we create strategies for clients to help build a more just, equitable and sustainable world.
With offices in New York, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., San Francisco, and staff across the country, we develop and execute strategic public awareness campaigns and offer a wide range of communications services including media relations, digital strategy, and branding.
We are a mission-driven, for-profit company whose clients are nonprofits, foundations, and social purpose companies. Fenton has a culture steeped in social change and activism, with a collaborative work environment, excellent benefits and a strong sense of purpose and community across the agency. The right candidate will have a passion for social change, progressive issues and bring a standard of excellence to their work.
Fenton’s Fellowship program presents its participants with a tangible opportunity to nurture and use the skills needed to succeed in a career in progressive communications. Candidates will be mentored under accomplished professionals and support the creation and implementation of industry-leading communications strategies.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
● Bachelor’s degree or related experience; non-traditional educational paths are welcome
● Demonstrated writing and research skills
● Passion for communications (what gets clicks, why words matter and so much more)
● Ability to work on multiple projects and effectively pivot from one to the next in a fast-paced environment
● Attention to detail and organization
● Interested in social issues
● Has an affinity for traditional and digital news media
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
● Monitor news media and social media; compile summaries of coverage
● Research relevant journalists for targeted pitches and build media lists
● Conduct media and peer audits for client research and discovery processes
● Conduct research on issue areas, online communities, media targets and new business prospects
● Help create and edit press releases, advisories, pitches, fact sheets, social media and other digital content
● Schedule meetings and take notes; circulate recap notes and next steps
● Conduct communications audits using Google, Newsdesk and Critical Mention
● Organize logistics for client meetings, conferences and other events
● Develop presentations and assist with development of the new CSG capabilities deck for new business prospecting
● Proofread/copy edit documents
● Participate in creative brainstorm sessions
● Support digital campaigns, website projects and social media management as needed; take digital certifications
● Develop and share a capstone presentation based on an account which the Fellow participated in
● Support CSG new business prospecting and coordinate new business proposals
With guidance and mentorship from your Fellow advisor, you will develop a 5-10 minute presentation at the completion of the fellowship to Fenton staff outlining your role on a client project you learned from and want to share. The presentation will include conveying the strategies, tools and tactics used to approach the project, as well as results you were able to achieve and what was learned.
● A competitive salary against industry standards
● Compensation = $20/hour
● Remote/flexible working environments
The Fellowship begins on Wednesday, January 12, 2022, and runs through Friday, June 3, 2022.
Please PDF all attachments. Applications are due by November 30, 2021.
Part-time positions will be considered on an individual basis – please indicate if you are only available part-time. If you have any questions, please email Taylor Tringali at email@example.com.
Fenton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to represent the diverse community reflected in our client work. People of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to building and nurturing a diverse and inclusive staff. We believe that our firm’s continued success is driven by hiring and retaining high-caliber staff from all backgrounds, experiences, identities, and orientations. We are committed to supporting our staff in growing their careers.