We are here to revolutionize the tile industry. By implementing an innovative online platform paired with unmatched production, product and customer service, we've made it easier than ever to shop for beautiful, sustainable tile sourced and handcrafted in the USA. Our tireless commitment to innovation, transparency, and sustainability have not gone unrecognized. We've had the honor of making the 2015 & 2016 Inc. 5000 list as one of the fastest growing private companies in the U.S. and are the only tile company globally recognized as a B Corp for how we use business as a force of good. With an innovative product, an ambitious team, and an inspiring mission, we're changing the way you think about tile.
We're currently seeking a strong Director of Finance and Operations to oversee our Accounting and Finance departments as well as support our Operations, including Facilities, IT, and strategic scaling of our operations such as Warehousing. If you have ingenuity, talent, a passion for what you do, flexibility and an appreciation to do and learn new things, this may be the right opportunity for you! This will be a hands-on role that tackles all elements of accounting, finance, and operations. We are looking for a do’er who is focused relentlessly on execution and recognizes that these roles are as much about the details as they are the high level strategic execution. Fireclay Tile is a vertically integrated 160+ person company involving manufacturing, marketing and sales, and finance and operations play a central role in our success.
This full time hands-on position will be based out of our beautiful Aromas, CA location. We will provide you with competitive compensation that includes a base salary + company bonus plan + stock options, healthcare benefits (medical HSA), 401(k) matching and some other great perks, an awesome company culture, and continued professional development through on-going training, experimenting, and opportunities to grow within the role and organization.
Your primary responsibilities will be
• Lead Accounting, Finance, and Operations, including IT, Facilities, and Warehousing
• Within Accounting and Finance, your main duties will be:
- Lead existing two-person team and provide coaching, guidance and support, and set professional development plans to assist employees to reach their full potential
- Lead and sign off on Month-end process/tasks and prepare monthly financial reports with supporting analysis for Leadership and our Board of Directors using GAAP best practices
- Prepare higher level General Ledger Account reconciliations
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings (property, payroll, sales tax, corporate, etc)
- Develop financial plans and models (budgets & forecasts) as well as manage and report cash flow & cash requirement projections
- Assist in reviewing corporate documents related to Insurance, Stock, Contracts, etc.
- Help create, manage & assist with documentation of all processes in the department to strengthen internal controls and ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Support relationships with our banking and finance partners
• Within Operations, your main duties will be:
- Collaborate with department leaders on streamlining production costs and measurements and develop and maintain product costing model for our operation
- Help oversee and optimize our Purchasing functions and ensure advantageous relationships with our vendors
- Oversee management of IT for the organization including networking, systems, and infrastructure
- Support our growth through strategic facilities planning as well as warehousing capabilities for our products
You will be a great fit if you:
• Have MBA or BA in Accounting/Finance with Knowledge of GAAP with advanced experience in the following: Operations, Inventory, Cost Accounting (MFG Production KPI’s), Budgeting & Financial reporting, Strategic Growth
• Know QuickBooks and Salesforce (Fireclay runs much of its sales finance through Salesforce); proven ability to work with cloud-based CRM. Experience with ERPs such as Netsuite or Rootstock a plus (FYI ours is custom built on Salesforce platform)
• Must have a "can do" attitude, a willingness "to roll up your sleeves"/wear "many hats" and be able to work well with little supervision
• Are infinitely curious about the business, its drivers and opportunities for gaining market share and winning business. You are equally as skilled in business and operations as you are in finance.
• Are flexible with a strong ability to work in a dynamic environment within a team approach
• Are an accomplished manager with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Have worked for a smaller company where you were exposed to the full accounting cycle with two or three reports with a track record of driving positive results. Experience in Private Equity backed companies is a plus.
• Be comfortable making decisions and if challenged be able to provide specifics to support recommendations and/or response.
• Desire to be a key member of an innovative & entrepreneurial company culture
• Manufacturing and retail experience preferred
• Prior experience as a Controller or Accounting Manager with a minimum of 6-8 years related experience; broad focus or responsibility to include all aspects of the business, i.e. inventory, sales, marketing and administration
• Demonstrated knowledge of finance, accounting & control principles (US GAAP)
• Demonstrated success in consistently producing timely and accurate financial reporting
• Solid experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, banking, payroll, and stock grants
• Building and leading accounting functions and infrastructure in a highly entrepreneurial, rapidly growing environment
Fireclay Tile is an equal opportunity employer. We offer healthcare, vacation, 401(k) match, paid time off, maternity/paternity leave, life insurance and disability, and employee stock options. Plus, we make the best BBQs in the world!