This position requires a strong background in accounting with a focus on financial statement generation, as well as strong computer skills. The Client Accountant is responsible for producing detailed monthly financial statements for a portfolio of 25 to 35 association clients, depending on volume of work and financial complexity. This position is extremely fast paced. The ideal candidate must be detail-oriented, be able to work well under pressure, meet hard deadlines, and possess excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Prepares and reviews association financial statements, P&L variances, bank reconciliations.
- Prepares, reviews, and resolves banking issues.
- Monitors bank accounts to identify excess funds for opportunities to improve investment income.
- Processes bank account transfers.
- Prepares financial statements in accordance with GAAP regulations for not for profit organizations.
- Supports management in the preparation of annual operating budgets.
- Reviews expense coding and approves invoices in the A/P (AVID) system.
- Assists with review of association shortfall funding requests, if deemed necessary.
- Conducts research on any outstanding or unexplained items.
- Identifies and records income and expenses by accounting periods and follows accounting schedules by preparing and reconciling accounts payable, prepaid schedules, and receivables schedules in a timely manner.
- Responds to accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Communicates with management, BOD members, developers and/or bank representatives, as needed.
- Identifies opportunities to streamline processes to ensure accuracy and timeliness, making recommendations to Director.
- Prepares cash flow projections or forecasts as requested.
- Assists in special requests and projects as needed.
- Maintains strong documentation standards and audit trails to support all transactions.
- Works with CPA firms to provide necessary support in the completion of annual audits, tax returns, and analysis and posting of year-end audit entries.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential, following the Code of Ethics Policy.
- Other duties or projects as deemed necessary by Management.
Operating Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Accounting from a four-year college or university is required. Minimum of two years of experience required. Property Management industry experienced preferred but not required.
Proficient in Microsoft Office. Excellent communication skills. Strong working knowledge of customer service principles and practices, ability to perform with minimum supervision and make decisions independently. Ability to multi-task, effectively prioritize workload, meet hard and fast deadline. Must be a team player. Must possess strong analytical skills. Detail-oriented with multiple tasks, information organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled