• Manage and monitor a portfolio(s) of high-risk merchant accounts.
• Review high volume of risk alerts and investigate merchant accounts to determine if activity warrants further investigation.
• Investigate merchant account processing activity to identify and assess fraud and credit risk exposures. Make real-time/on-line decisions and Justify recommendations.
• Coordinate risk mitigation efforts with other areas of the business such as Funding, Legal, Operations, Client Services, etc…
• Communicate regularly with internal and external partners to present finding and recommendations.
• Complete special projects as assigned.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• This position requires one to exercise discretion and independent judgment in making decisions and interact effectively and positively with all levels of personnel, partners, and vendors. You must be able to work independently or in a team environment & work efficiently in stressful situations.
• Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills.
• Able to exercise sound credit risk judgment.
• Strong negotiating skills.
• Strong written and oral communications skills. Good interpersonal skills.
• Able to handle heavy workload assignment and multiple priorities. Must be able to meet tight deadlines and productivity standards.
• Relevant 4-year Bachelor’s degree. (Business, Finance, Accounting, Criminal Justice, Pre-Law, etc.) OR a 2 year degree with prior work experience.
• Knowledge of MasterCard and Visa Association rules and regulations a plus.
• Excellent Time Management and prioritization skills
• Attendance is an essential function of this position.
• Strong Work Ethic required with the ability to excel in a fast paced environment.
• Excellent Customer Service Skills with track record of dealing in adverse situations and handling high call volume.
• Must be able to work in a multitude of various Window based and Mainframe applications simultaneously. Also must have working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.