The Research, Event, Advocacy, and Writing Internship with Food Tank is a unique and exciting opportunity to support and participate in research that drives health, nutrition, and environmental policy. Interns will work closely with Food Tank staff on the following: contributing to articles individuals, organizations, and movements working to build a better food system; conducting original interviews with activists, researchers, chefs, business leaders, and more; collecting, organizing, and managing web content; organizing resources and contacts; assisting with the Food Talk podcast, contributing to the development of the weekly newsletter; planning and executing live events as well as attending major food conferences; and assisting in writing and outreach that will contribute to and help promote ongoing projects. Interns will also have the chance to have their name published on prominent food, nutrition, policy, and environmental websites around the world. Interns will also have the chance to hear directly from leading food writers and journalists.
This is a remote position and interns are expected to work 15-20 hours per week.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent research, writing, and communication skills, preferably experience reporting on issues for newspapers, journals, digital media, and other publications.
- Demonstrated experience in and passion for food and agricultural issues – and for the importance of accurate information and analysis to guide environmental decision making.
- Coursework reflecting interest and knowledge of communications, media, social media, and website design. Work in media and communications a plus.
- Strong attention to detail
- Skills in event management.
- Ability to self-manage and multi-task.