This position is responsible for purchasing materials for production use and ensuring continuity and quality of supplies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and evaluate vendor performance.
- Set up new vendors by working with the Legal and Finance departments.
- Prepare and place purchase orders.
- Verify timely receipt of items and resolve receiving errors and discrepancies with suppliers.
- Provide recovery plan for inventory shortages, overages, and other issues.
- Work with internal departments and suppliers to coordinate RMA (return merchandise authorization) and rework.
- Assist with ECN (engineering change notification) implementation.
- Work with the NPI (new product introduction) team with necessary supply chain support.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications required
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills
- SAP/Oracle knowledge preferred
- Proven ability to function independently and multi-task
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Supply Chain preferred.
- Bilingual in Mandarin Preferred.