Company: Freeport LNG
Founded in 2002, Freeport LNG Development, L.P. currently operates a liquefied natural gas (“LNG”) import facility and is constructing a natural gas liquefaction and LNG export facility on the same site on Quintana Island near Freeport, Texas, about 70 miles south of Houston. Once completed, this expanded facility will connect U.S. producers and midstream companies with global demand centres.
The Commercial Department handles a wide array of responsibilities:
· Toller Services: Negotiation and implementation of import and export tolling agreements, including planning & schedule of LNG cargos, feed gas and power, vessel management, and customer relationships
· Commercial Execution: operational commodity procurement and scheduling, capacity optimization through integration with facility operations, engineering and maintenance; coordination with upstream pipelines (interconnection, scheduling and balancing) and electricity utility and ISO counterparties and suppliers;
· Corporate Support: commodity position reporting; energy balance and inventory management, settlement and allocation of power costs; toller and LNG sales invoicing.
· Middle Office: risk management, trade confirmations, ETRM system maintenance, and corporate reporting
We have opportunities for interns to work within a team of energy industry experts through the summer and potentially until graduation. As a member of an open, dynamic, and innovative team, the intern will carry out research, analytics, and project support work on several projects core to the ongoing operations of the Commercial team. The intern will also be responsible for performing daily reporting obligations for Toller Services. The successful candidate must have enthusiasm for the Energy business, advanced data management and analytical skills, strong attention to detail, and possess excellent interpersonal skills to maintain and improve relationships with the wider team.
Knowledge & Experience Required
- Proficiency with MS Office suite including Excel, VBA, and Visio
- Experience in the advanced modeling and analysis of complex numerical data
- The ability to work closely with colleagues to design and deliver high-quality solutions
- Adhere to best practices and maintainability while freely knowledge sharing with colleagues
- The ability to learn to synthesize historical and forecast data
- Must be either rising Junior or Senior year of Bachelors program or in a graduate program in 2022 in a related field such as economics, finance, or engineering.
- Must be able to work in Houston, TX without relocation or housing assistance with preference given to candidates who will have the ability to continue the internship on a part-time basis year-round.
- Issue identification, problem-solving, and analysis
- Creativity and entrepreneurial spirit
- Efficiency focus
- Extensive analytical skills
- Strong communication (verbal, written)
- Ability to prioritize effectively, multi-task when necessary
- Ability to secure resources and information to get the job done