The Graduate Assistant Intern – Career Services will report to the Director of Career Services and will be responsible for providing students and alumni assistance defining career options, developing employment skills, and promoting job-searching strategies. The position will also oversee the OASIS student lounge and help monitor its student workers. The candidate will:
· Help students identify and engage with campus and career readiness resources
· Meet with students and families during admission visits and tours
· Assist with advising students through in-person and online meetings on career readiness, grad school preparation and with undecided students
· Develop, coordinate, and facilitate training and skill development workshops on topics such as resume preparation, major exploration, professional development, strength assessments and interview skills
· Present to groups through classroom presentations, workshops, student group outreach, and other customized programs
· Oversee the operations of the OASIS lounge including supplies management and overall room upkeep
· Create schedules and manage OASIS lounge student workers
· Collaborate with the Director of Career Services on career fairs, events and marketing efforts
Requirements for the role include:
· A Bachelor’s degree in Education, Human Resources, Business, or related field required.
· Admissions to and continued enrollment in Friends University MEd, MSSL, MMIS or MBA program
· Must be willing to work flexible hours including nights
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Relationship-building skills
· Organizational skills
· The ability to work independently
· Proficiency with MS Office products
· Strong presentation skills
1 – 2 years of experience in Career Services, Education, Human Resources, Talent Development, Talent Acquisition, Training, or similar field preferred.
Days/Hours: Weekdays, M-F, flexible hours and may include some evenings and occasional weekends.
Start Date Desired: August 2021