Dates: June 30th -September 22nd (12 weeks)
The Friendship Circle of Washington is looking for a mission-driven social media intern that can assist our admin team in sourcing, editing, and publishing/scheduling for several of our social media outlets. As we continue to grow and develop our current team is looking to add supporting roles.
The Social Media Intern is a highly motivated, creative individual with experience and a passion for creating social media content. This position has the responsibility of building and engaging our community on a daily basis with the ultimate goal of promoting brand awareness and turning followers into supporters of our organization.
This position is responsible for creating a deliberate and intentional social media strategy that thoughtfully tells the story of our participants and volunteers. The strategy will also build and grow brand awareness and create a positive online reputation.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Social Media Management: 1 year (Preferred)
Familiarity with Canva (Preferred)
* This internship is unpaid, but offers college credit. Candidates seeking to build a portfolio or gain experience in social media are welcome to apply! **
Knowledge and skills you possess:
- Ability to create relevant, original, high-quality content (for all channels and ads).
- Strategies to build and nurture a community.
- Create a regular publishing schedule and promote content through social advertising.
- Leverage the right tools to manage your content.
- Implement a content editorial calendar to manage content and plan specific and timely marketing campaigns based on an event launch date.
- Integrate all channels of marketing (social media, SEO, content marketing, email, print and digital marketing
- Utilize our social media content planning software to schedules posts in advance across all social media channels including Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Write relevant blog posts to be published on our website on a weekly basis
- Post relevant, high quality content daily on Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Create paid advertisements to increase engagement and number of followers
- Regularly engage with online community of supporters
- Develop creative ways to showcase volunteer and participant stories through video, images, words and articles
- Other duties may be assigned
Committed to inclusion for all, Friendship Circle of Washington leverages the positive impact of friendship, understanding, and shared experience to transform the lives of children and teens with special needs and typically developing teens. We help create friendships that make a difference today and last a lifetime. We empower children and teens with special needs, helping them develop the skills they need to live as productive and independent adult life as possible. We empower our teen volunteers, helping them develop the confidence, self-esteem, and skills they need to become the leaders of tomorrow. We nurture community, working to ensure that inclusion and diversity are the norm, not the exception and that every individual has the opportunity to participate and succeed.