GATE Energy is a family of companies that provide scalable, fit-for-purpose services for the energy sector including project management, engineering, commissioning, field services, operations and staffing services. Our expertise and knowledge is supported by subject matter experts, proprietary equipment and software across all of the GATE Energy service lines. We want our projects to work right the first time. Small projects. Large projects. Complex projects. Every Project. Every Time.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for supporting the Accounting and Finance department in creating accurate and timely financial records.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Examine accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformity with company standards
- Prepare and enter Journal Entries for GATE and affiliated companies as part of month end close
- Review payroll expenses
- Assist with proxying time and expenses for payroll
- Assist with set up of OpenAir projects
- Process payroll using outside payroll service
- Maintain file of month end close related documentation
- Create and submit timely invoices to customers
- Responsible for adhering to GATE policies and procedures in a positive manner
- Proactively work to create positive and professional culture within GATE
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 0 – 4 years direct Accounting experience
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of GAAP
- Well organized with attention to detail required.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional team
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent problem solving/analytical skills
- Well versed in Microsoft Excel
- Exhibit professionalism and be customer focused
- Continue to update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities where appropriate; reading industry professional publications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Physical Requirements
Ability to pass a pre-employment background check, drug screen and / or physical
GATE Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.