Omaha, NE, USA
The intern is responsible for commodity origination, marketing and execution within an assigned product line and/or for an assigned group of customers. The key objective of this position is to learn to create sales and growth in the market place, to develop arbitrage and risk management skills and to reach and exceed profitability goals. This is achieved through customer contact, providing excellent customer service and growing the customer base with focus on increasing profits and margins. Training is conducted within a "mentorship" framework necessitating a high degree of interaction with senior merchandising personnel.
- Proactive development and coverage of existing sales and supplier accounts and development of prospective accounts
- Obtaining market knowledge and insight through continuous communication with product suppliers, customers, and transportation vendors
- Facilitating and scheduling logistics for timely product delivery using barge, rail, and truck transportation modes
- Obtain and develop merchandising skills to provide a base for future management opportunities
- Working towards a BS or MBA in Marketing or Economics; an emphasis in Agriculture preferred.
- Prefer Sophomore or Junior status.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent communications, computer and public relations skills.
- Must be a professionally aggressive, self-motivated individual.
- Able to function in stressful environment.
Posted: September 12, 2020