Position Description & Qualifications
As a Girl Rising intern, you will work with an international team of experts in the fields of gender equity, social impact and girl’s education and gain marketable skills in fundraising and development including in Salesforce. We offer regular learning experiences for interns and opportunities to connect with our team members around the world.
The internship is a remote position, 15-20 hours a week, between the hours of 8am-6pm ET, Monday – Friday.
The primary responsibilities of the Fundraising and Development Intern are:
- Support Annual Giving activities including the creation of direct mail and on-line messages and acknowledgements
- Provide logistical and administrative support for fundraising campaigns as needed
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date database of donor records and acknowledgements in Salesforce
- Conduct donor prospect research and prepare background reports
- Help develop presentations and reports for the Senior Leadership Team and Board
- Assist with planning and execution of special events including developing invitations, guests lists, presentation materials
- Collaborate with the team to design creative and engaging social media content to raise awareness and further build the Girl Rising community
- Assist with background and briefing materials for the Girl Rising Team and Board
- Participate in meetings with Girl Rising partners and prospective partners
- Under the guidance of the Head of Development and the Development Manager contribute to “all hands on deck” projects
- A passion for girls’ education, gender equity and social justice
- Experience in nonprofits, fundraising and research is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills to engage a wide range of individuals including high-level executives, partners and youth participants
- Strong research skills and superb organizational skills
- Experience in developing and managing social media content
- Experience in planning and execution of Virtual and in-person events
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint; Salesforce is a plus
- Graphic design experience or knowledge is a plus
- Willingness and ability to provide creative solutions and take ownership of tasks of varying complexity
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Oct. 20, 2021 with the subject line “Development Intern 2021_YOUR NAME”.
Girl Rising provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.