Who we are:
Global Fund for Children partners with local organizations around the world to help children and youth reach their full potential and advance their rights. We are the only global nonprofit dedicated to discovering, funding, and collaborating with community-based organizations that empower children and youth. Since 1997, GFC has impacted the lives of 11 million children through a network of 700+ local organizations worldwide. Learn more: www.globalfundforchildren.org .
Who we need:
GFC seeks a part-time Communications & Marketing Intern to provide a wide range of research, editorial, digital media, and general support to the Communications & Marketing team. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of GFC’s mission and vision, and to embrace our values of courage, passion, partnership, learning, inclusion, and excellence. This will be a virtual internship.
What you’ll gain:
GFC provides the opportunity for its interns to gain professional experience and skill sets in areas such as communications, marketing, public relations, thought leadership, international development, children’s issues, event planning, fundraising, and the day-to-day operations of a nonprofit organization. Interns have access to a wide range of professional development opportunities, from in-office events with partners and experts from around the world, to training in communications platforms such as WordPress, Adobe Creative Cloud, and more.
What you’ll do:
- Provide support and writing assistance for content development and media outreach
- Attend relevant meetings and strategy sessions
- Help manage content for social media and the GFC website
- Assist with special projects and communications efforts as needed
- Assist communications staff with event planning and preparation
- Other tasks as assigned
What we’re looking for:
- Strong writing, editing, and research ability
- Knowledge of basic computer applications (including Microsoft Office)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with social media platforms
- Demonstrated commitment to GFC’s mission and values
- Desire to learn more about public relations and philanthropy
- Public relations, graphic design, and digital media experience, or desire to learn
Hours and Compensation:
Flexible start date, September preferred. Flexible schedule within business hours (9:00 am to 5:00 pm Eastern). A firm commitment of 12-16 hours per week is needed for at least three months, with the possibility of extension. Although this is an unpaid position, we provide a $10/day stipend toward internet fees and home office expenses. Arrangements for academic credit can also be made with your college or university, if requested.
We are committed to protecting the health and wellbeing of our team members and our community during the global coronavirus pandemic. Our full team is currently working from home. We have cancelled or rescheduled all travel and moved our meetings and events online. Therefore, both the hiring process and the internship itself will be virtual.
Global Fund for Children is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.