Job Title: Assistant Financial Analyst
Location: Cypress, TX (Houston Area)
Additional Compensation: Performance Bonus
Benefits: Medical paid 100% by Company (*High Deductible Health Plan), Dental, Vision, 5 weeks of PTO per year, Health Savings Account available, Flexible Spending Account, and 401k with matching.
• Preparing and consolidating financial statements
• Establishing and maintaining internal controls
• Managing all aspects of the general ledger
• Providing monthly, quarterly, and year-end analyses
• Coordinating or assisting with the budget process
• Researching accounting issues for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles
• Analyzing and reporting cost variances
• Serving as a liaison to external auditors
• Supervising accounts receivable, accounts payable and general accounting departments.
• Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the department.
• Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
• Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
• Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organizations human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
• Provides support and guidance to HR generalists, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
• Manages the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.www.globalmarketingselect.com
• Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
• Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
• Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
• Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
• Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualification and Education Requirements
• HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA/GED
• BACHELOR’S DEGREE IN ACCOUNTING, FINANCE OR RELATED FIELD
• COMPREHENSIVE UNDERSTANDING OF WINE AND SPIRITS TO INCLUDE REGIONS/VARIETALS, PRODUCT/FOOD PAIRING TECHNIQUES, BASIC PRODUCTION, AND SERVICE.
• POSSESS A DEPENDABLE VEHICLE, VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE, PROOF OF STATE REGISTRATION AND INSURANCE, AND AN ACCEPTABLE DRIVING RECORD.
• MUST BE AT LEAST 21 YEARS OF AGE.
• GOAL ORIENTED, FOCUSED, AND ASSERTIVE INDIVIDUAL WHO NEEDS LITTLE DIRECTION OR SUPERVISION.
• Adaptable and able to assist a variety of internal customer groups and varying personality
• Thrive on creating and selling innovative ideas and demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit.
• Strong negotiation skills
• Proficient computer skills