International animal welfare non-profit organization, Global Strays is looking for a communications Intern. The individual will be expected to support the President in the areas of communications and administration. Training will be provided. Global Strays is a young organization and is looking for someone to help grow the capacity of the organization. The candidate should be highly organized and able to balance multiple projects at once. This will be a virtual, remote position.
Ideal start date: between May 1st and June 1st. 3-month minimum. **Can start immediately.
Internship Duties and Responsibilities:
- Required to work a minimum of 15 hours a week & a maximum of 30 hours a week
- Will work alongside the President
- Writing, editing, and copyediting/writing (and designing, if applicable) for newsletters, content creation/editing sections for website, our animal education blog, emails, and donor communication
- Researching and compiling ideas for potential animal-related brand/influencer partnerships
- Composing and emailing for potential partnerships in a variety of ways to help with the growth of the organization
- Writing up basic contracts for our animal partner organizations
- Assisting with preparation and editing of the President’s documents and correspondences
- Conducting internet research, as needed
- Helping the President stay organized and prioritize projects
- Assisting with online outreach and promotion
- Must have completed high school.
- Must be a current college student (undergraduate or graduate) or have graduated college.
- Excellent writer and copy editor
- Animal rescue lover!
- Highly organized & can help the President prioritize projects
- Understanding of basic communications approaches and strategies
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor in-person and virtually
- Self-motivated problem solver capable of working as part of a team
- Must have access to a computer & Zoom and a good cell phone