International animal welfare non-profit organization, Global Strays is looking for a Communications Intern to assist our team as we begin an exciting new phase in our journey! This individual will temporarily assist the President and Interim Operations Manager while the search for a Communications Director continues. The candidate should be highly organized, enthusiastic and able to balance multiple projects at once. This will be a virtual, remote position.
This is a 3-month contract, with the possibility of renewal, with a compensation amount of $15/hr for up to 15 hours a week Monday through Friday.
Internship Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the creation of newsletters, content for our website, our animal education blog, donor emails and donor communication, fliers, brochures, apparel, and additional printed materials
- Create original designs using Photoshop, Illustrator, inDesign, or Canva to use on social media, as well as work with provided templates
- Assist in maintaining our social media channels by posting new content, responding to messages and comments, and updating Stories, Reels, or posts as necessary.
- Research potential animal related brand/influencer partnerships and present them to the President
- Assist the Program Director in creating potential communication content between our partners in Latin America.
- Help to establish a Communications Calendar to maintain consistency and accountability
- Assist with the preparation and editing of reports for grant applications, Board and Advisory Council meetings
- A love for animals and a passion for exploring how we can help strays, pets, and working animals live healthy and fulfilling lives
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor in-person and virtually
- Excellent writer and copy editor
- Must be a college graduate or current college student (undergraduate or graduate)
- Passionate about creating meaningful social media content with an eye for design
- Familiarity with social media requirements and restrictions when it comes to content creation
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
- Access to a computer with an internet connection and a webcam
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Willingness to learn new systems such as Asana, Entask, UpClick, Slack, and more
- Video editing experience is a plus!
- Proficiency in Spanish is a plus!