International animal welfare non-profit organization, Global Strays is looking for a Social Media Intern to assist our team as we begin an exciting new phase in our journey! This individual will report to the Communications Director. The candidate should be highly organized, enthusiastic, and able to balance multiple projects at once. This will be a virtual, remote position.
This is a 3-month contract, with the possibility of renewal, with a compensation amount of $15/hr for up to 10 hours a week Monday through Friday.
Internship Duties and Responsibilities
- Create original designs using Photoshop, Illustrator, inDesign, or Canva to use on social media, as well as work with provided templates
- Assist in maintaining our social media channels on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter by creating and posting new content, responding to messages and comments, and updating Stories, Reels, or posts as necessary.
- Research potential animal related brand/influencer partnerships and present them to the President
- Help to establish a Communications Calendar to maintain consistency and accountability
- Track post and account analytics and help produce reporting that will influence strategies and planning
- Schedule and maintain social media posts, respond to comments and direct messages, and best represent the organization through our channels
- A love for animals and a passion for exploring how we can help strays, pets, and working animals live healthy and fulfilling lives
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor in-person and virtually
- Must be a college graduate or current college student (undergraduate or graduate)
- Experience crafting social media campaigns and following through on posting schedules
- Passionate about creating meaningful social media content with an eye for design
- Familiarity with social media requirements, trends, and restrictions when it comes to content creation
- Access to a computer with an internet connection and a webcam
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Willingness to learn new systems such as Ntask, Slack, and more
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus!
- Video editing experience is a plus!
- Proficiency in Spanish is a plus!