Location: San Pedro Garza García, NLE, MX, 66265
Work as part of the Corporate Strategic Planning (CSP) Team responsible for analyzing competitors and markets, assessing business opportunities across geographies, leading internal consulting projects for CEMEX worldwide, executing M&A/BD transactions and contributing to the development of our Urbanization Solutions portfolio.
- Assess business development opportunities in CEMEX and non-CEMEX markets and geographies.
- Participate in (and occasionally lead) workstreams of internal consulting projects for CEMEX worldwide across our 4 core businesses (cement, ready-mix, aggregates and Urbanization Solutions). Engage and coordinate with internal and external project members including external advisors.
- Participate in M&A transactions developing valuation models (DCF, multiples, etc.) and evaluating transaction investment metrics.
- Prepare materials for top management meetings and events.
- Present own work and recommendations to senior management.
- Help develop CSP junior members by supporting their day-to-day activities.
- Analyze market conditions, competitors’ strategies and performance to identify opportunities to improve CEMEX’s positioning in the industry.
- Functional competencies: Strong business acumen, presentation skills, interpersonal savviness, organizational agility and innovation mindset.
- Functional skills: Excellent analytical skills, structured, logical and critical thinking, thoroughness and high attention to detail.
- Interpersonal skills: Teamwork, good communication, sensitiveness to customers’ needs.
- Personal trait: Integrity, honesty and extremely discreet handling of confidential information.
- Commitment: Hard worker striving for excellence, committed to CEMEX and CSP objectives with tolerance to stress.
- Academic Background: College/Master’s degree. MBA would be a plus, 5-7 years of work experience
- Subject / Major: Accounting, Administration, Economy, Finance, Industrial engineering, Information Systems, International Negotiations, Information Technology, Engineering
- Experience: Finance, Planning, Innovation
- Languages (Advanced Level): English
- Computer skills: Excel, PowerPoint
- Internal: All CEMEX departments and geographies
- External: Consultants, investment bankers, lawyers
CEMEX Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At CEMEX, we recognize the diversity of the world in which we live and in which we do business. We respect diversity, we address the inclusion and non-discrimination of any talented person, regardless of gender, physical ability, age, sexual orientation, culture, ethnicity, religion, political affiliation, marital status, pregnancy / maternity / paternity and nationality. We promote a culture of equity for the construction of a sustainable business and the well-being and development of CEMEX employees.