Deutsche Post DHL Group is the international leader in logistics, transportation, supply chain logistics, and parcel delivery. We actively seek candidates with exceptional academic credentials, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic international environment.
The DPDHL Group Corporate Audit Department currently has an opening for a highly motivated Internal Auditor in its Americas Regional Audit Office in Plantation, Florida. This position will be part of the audit team responsible for audits for multiple areas of the DHL Supply Chain (DSC) Americas division. Under general supervision, the internal auditor will review DHL Supply Chain operational and financial processes to evaluate effectiveness of management operating and control systems, efficiency and compliance with corporate policies and procedures, laws and regulatory requirements.
- Prepare, plan and execute process based audits of financial and operational activities.
- Review and analyze preliminary data prior to fieldwork to support the risk assessment.
- Proficient in the use of audit software or tools to extract company data files and deliver a high level of analytical output for testing.
- Participate and lead in inquiries, interviews and observation of stakeholders.
- Verify that internal controls are adequately addressing identified risks, comply with company policies and procedures and satisfy regulatory requirements.
- Execute substantive testing by analyzing documents, records, ledger accounts, operational data, costs and related factors.
- Review transactions and explore deviations from standard, as required to recommend corrective actions when necessary to improve the control environment of the organization.
- Determining the nature and extent of auditing required, making adjustments to extending audit programs where necessary, analyzing functions and providing appraisals of internal control structure of functions or systems.
- Document audit procedures and observations made during audit projects.
- Effectively deliver oral presentation of findings and recommendations to Management.
- Assist in developing effective audit programs and recommend revisions to existing audit programs.
- Prepare high quality audit reports by summarizing audit findings and recommendations.
- Minimum Bachelor degree in (Industrial) Engineering. MBA or Finance related studies a plus.
- 2 to 3 years business process improvement or logistics experience.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving.
- Strong conceptual skills to visualize abstract concepts, see relations between them, and draw constructive conclusions.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team with solid interpersonal skills.
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills. Spanish highly desirable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products and ability to learn other proprietary software.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel primarily in North and South America up to 40% of the year in the future when COVID19 travel restrictions ease.