We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee development, wellness initiatives, and more!
Visit our Careers page for more information on our benefits, locations and the process of joining the State Farm team!
INVESTMENT PROFESSIONAL – REAL ESTATE ANALYST
State Farm is the largest insurer of cars and homes in the United States and a major provider of term life insurance. The primary objective of State Farm Investments is to manage and invest in assets that align with, and support, the insurance operations of the organization. The investment portfolios are managed by a team using a collaborative and interactive approach. Assets under management exceed $300 billion.
The Real Estate Investments Team is based in Richardson (Dallas), Texas and manages over $15 billion of investments on behalf of State Farm’s general account. Investments include commercial, multifamily, and construction mortgage loans, as well as wholly-owned real estate equity investments, and REIT securities. Investments are originated and managed by regional mortgage teams and dedicated real estate equity and REIT teams. Processes and systems support disciplined underwriting, an expansive sourcing network, and diligent asset management. State Farm is a relationship-orientated lender and equity capital provider with a well-established and growing commercial real estate platform.
The role will be primarily responsible for supporting commercial real estate equity team. The candidate will have the opportunity to develop a long-term career and a broad range of skills in the areas of real estate underwriting, acquisitions, asset management, valuations, as well as financial and credit analysis.
The responsibilities of the Investment Professional – Real Estate Analyst may include:
- Supporting asset management and acquisition efforts for commercial real estate equity investments
- Assisting in the development of business plans and budgets, leasing strategy, property valuations, and hold/sell analysis for existing commercial real estate investments
- Assisting with the sourcing, underwriting, due diligence, negotiating, structuring, and closing of commercial real estate acquisitions and development opportunities
- Gathering, analyzing, and evaluating economic data, local market research, property comparables, and tenant financial information to support decisions and evaluate real estate valuation and risk
- Contributing to investment recommendations and making written and verbal presentations for internal committee approval
- Presenting portfolio updates to senior management
- Traveling to assigned markets to build relationships with real estate developers, brokers and investors and to conduct property inspections for existing and potential investments
- Performing an integral role in identifying market trends and developing insights for the portfolio, and contributing to market commentary produced by the commercial real estate team
- Collaborating with colleagues across investment asset classes to share information, expertise, and ideas
Preferred Competencies and Experience:
- MBA or undergraduate degree in real estate, finance, accounting, economics or related field, with strong academic achievement
- 3 – 5 years of relevant equity real estate experience
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and risk assessment skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, as well as operate independently
- Effective customer service and interpersonal skills, including the ability to create, build, and maintain relationships with internal and external parties
- Excellent influencing, problem solving, and communication skills
- Strong prioritization, time management, and organizational skills to meet deadlines while maintaining attention to detail
- Knowledge of real estate valuation methodologies; Argus experience is preferred
- Desire to continuously learn and develop and put developed expertise into action