at Catch Co. (View all jobs)
We are looking for MBA interns to work closely with our cross-functional teams and explore a variety of opportunities. Specific projects for the internship will be determined based upon company needs and the intern’s background/interests. If you are looking to gain diverse and valuable experience at a fast-growing consumer and retail company this summer, apply and join our team!
Duration of internship:
10-12 weeks, negotiable start dates
What you will do:
- Own high-impact projects and initiatives that will accelerate Catch Co’s growth. Sample projects could include:
- Exploring “offline”, third-party partnerships for our membership offering (Karl’s Club).
- Creating a new inventory planning process for our in-house brands.
- Conducting cost/benefit analysis on the insourcing of certain fulfillment activities.
- Increasing stickiness and driving monetization of our existing customer base
- Other opportunities may include:
- Serving as a product manager for our development team
- Duration of internship: 10-12 weeks, negotiable start dates
What experience you need:
- Completed Bachelor’s degree and ongoing MBA studies.
- Strong analytical skills (previous Excel modeling experience necessary).
- Project management skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and prioritize effectively.
To apply, please submit a cover letter above that ranks your top 3 projects or departments of interest for your internship.
Please note: Interns are not able to take part in our benefits program. However, they may take advantage of our flexible work schedule and will receive a Free Karl’s Club membership and $100 of store credit!
What is Catch Co?
At Catch Co, our purpose is to rescue people from the indoors by connecting them with America’s top outdoor sport: fishing. More than 50 million Americans fish every year and Catch Co is the industry leader in creating products, content, and experiences that modern anglers love. Most importantly, we aim to be the industry’s most data-driven and customer-centric company.
We are building 3 unique businesses to deliver on that mission:
- Mystery Tackle Box – Founded in 2012, MTB is the most popular fishing subscription service in the world, with over 5 million boxes shipped (and counting!).
- Karl’s Bait and Tackle – Launched in 2018, Karl’s is a unique and exciting e-commerce experience that brings the local tackle shop to the Internet.
- Catch Co. fishing products – Catch Co also designs and develops some of fishing’s most popular and innovative brands and products, sold online and in retail throughout the world.
To support these businesses, we have built a best-in-class foundation of creativity, technology, data, and a fun and supportive culture. We have also built durable partnerships with some of the industry’s most impactful content creators, influencers, product designers, and more.
As we execute against our mission, our team members remain curious, action-oriented, and collaborative. If that sounds like you, we would love to meet you.
Everybody can fish with us!
These are our core values:
- Passion: We love what we do and we take pride in our work.
- Action: We work hard to get stuff done, with urgency.
- Optimism: We believe that we will succeed, and we are willing to keep trying new things.
- Honesty: We tell it like it is, communicate issues, take accountability and use data to make decisions. We are transparent with customers, partners, and employees.
- Curiosity: We look for ways to make things better. We focus on solutions, not problems.
- #happydance: We create happiness for our customers and for each other.
Our culture is fast-moving, hardworking, welcoming, and friendly, and we keep our calendar full of opportunities to learn from coworkers and foster community. We love a good team event (like trivia or Quiplash), continued learning (fireside chats led by colleagues), and niche Slack channels like #mlb, #bachelor, #unpopular_opinions, #badjokes, and #smallwins.
Catch Co. is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Catch Co. recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status.
- “Take what you need” paid time off policy
- 11 Paid Holidays + 4 additional paid days off specifically to enjoy the outdoors
- Flexible working schedule & work from home opportunities (and a fully remote team throughout covid-19)
- Medical, dental and vision Insurance – We cover 80-100% of the premium for yourself and your dependents
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Savings Accounts or Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employer-sponsored disability insurance
- Employee discount program
- Employer-sponsored life insurance
- 401(K) plan
- Pet insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Free Karl’s Club membership and $100 of store credit
- Unlimited coffee and fruit snacks (once we return to the office)
- And more!
Unfortunately, visa sponsorship is not available at this time.