Although we value experience and skills, we also care about who you are. We strive to surround ourselves with good people that share our values, that work hard, and that support each other as a team and as individuals.
The International Research Analyst will assess industry dynamics, identify competitively advantaged businesses, financial analysis, writing research reports, and make investment recommendations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assess industry dynamics and identify leading businesses
- Develop and maintain knowledge of industry sectors
- Perform extensive financial analysis
- Prepare research reports as well as written and verbal presentations on research findings. Make portfolio recommendations based on findings
- Establish and maintain relationships with investor contacts, including Wall Street brokers and analysts, company contacts and client contacts
- Perform other duties as required by management
- Minimum of 2 years of international equity analysis
- Previous experience with equity investments and competitive analysis of companies
- Knowledge of accounting and financial statements; ability to understand and construct financial models
- Knowledge of industry sectors – the factors which drive cycles, the differentiators within the industry, the various peer groups and the relative positions of our holdings within their peer groups
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative skills
- Candidate should feel comfortable with both growth and value investment methods We have a disciplined, long-term oriented, investment style emphasizing high-quality stocks.
- MBA and/or CFA is preferred
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following is a listing of the other job responsibilities that may not be core to the position but are part of the positions function
- Skill in prioritizing and organizing, as the analyst must stay current on individual companies we hold in our portfolio and to screen for new ideas which should be vetted.
- Skills in writing for company reports and other communication, and in oral presentation for explaining and recommending equities for our portfolios.
- Skill with computer-based information systems, including Excel, Bloomberg and Factset. Travel as needed.