Thornburg Investment Management is a privately owned global investment firm offering a range of solutions for investors around the world. Founded in 1982 and headquartered in Santa Fe, NM, we manage U.S. mutual funds, separate accounts for high-net-worth investors and institutional accounts, and UCITS funds for non-U.S. investors.
At Thornburg, it’s more than what we do; it’s how we do it. A flexible perspective built on collaboration and cross-pollination of ideas, an unconventional approach to portfolio construction, and a reputation of integrity are important aspects of how we do business. Far from the groupthink of Wall Street, Thornburg is positioned to offer a different point of view and a broader frame of reference in our global search for relative value opportunities.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION:
The successful candidate will collaborate with the global equity portfolio team while performing fundamental research and analysis of companies for investment purposes. This internship will begin in the summer of 2021.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze individual equity securities for inclusion in Thornburg portfolios. Create and maintain earnings models on individual companies leveraging skills in accounting, finance and economics.
- Monitor individual securities on a daily basis. Interpret developments that may impact share price performance on a longer-term basis such as macro-economic news and company-specific developments.
- Serve in a global generalist capacity, whereby coverage responsibilities span geographies and industries. Candidates will be expected to develop improved understanding of international markets over time.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND FORMAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Passion for financial markets
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA student/CFA preferred
- Two years’ experience with financial markets preferred
- Language skills and international experience a plus
- Must have or be able to obtain work authorization in the US
- Efficient time management skills
- Intellectually curious, thorough and thoughtful
- An interest in learning about new businesses and industries, and the ability to remain flexible and action-oriented
- A collaborative team player who thrives on working with diverse colleagues who appreciate sharing ideas, stimulating debate, and intellectual expansion to drive better business outcomes for our clients.
- Ability to work at a computer for extended periods of time
Santa Fe is the capital of New Mexico. Founded in 1610 and nicknamed “The City Different,” Santa Fe captures hearts and minds with its museums, restaurants, theater, opera, and adobe-style architecture. With an average of over 300 sunny days per year and picturesque landscape, it’s no wonder that outdoor activities such as skiing and hiking in “The Land of Enchantment” attract visitors from around the world.
Thornburg believes that diversity and inclusivity are vital to positive long-term success for our strategies and the firm’s broader business outcomes. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. The firm provides annual progress reports to the investment management team, shareholders, and executive management to highlight multiple diversity and inclusivity metrics and continually work to bring awareness to the importance of this issue.