About CommonView Capital
CommonView Capital (“CVC”) is New York-based, family office-backed private equity firm. CVC was founded in 2015 by Scott Budoff and Tom Perlmutter, private equity investors with over 60 years of combined investment experience, to pool the substantial capital resources of their family offices. CommonView Capital makes control equity investments in lower middle market companies based in the United States that provide high value-added products and/or services with meaningful barriers to entry and the potential for rapid growth, both organically and through acquisitions. We are currently investing our first fund, CommonView Capital Fund I.
About Pain Specialists of America
Pain Specialists of America (“PSA”) is a portfolio company of CVC. Based in Austin, PSA is a physician practice of 14 physicians in 19 offices and two ambulatory surgical centers (“ASCs”) along the I-35 corridor from San Antonio to Fort Worth with approximately 200 employees. PSA was created through the merger of two of the largest interventional pain management practices in the state of Texas, Central Texas Pain Center and Pain Specialists of Austin.
Reporting directly to CVC’s Managing Partners, as well as the CEO and CFO of PSA (collectively the “Executive Team”), the Candidate will work closely with the Executive Team and PSA’s talented staff to provide financial and analytical support to drive the firm’s continued growth, both organic and acquisitions, along with analytical and business reengineering support to PSA. The Candidate will also work with lenders, investment bankers, lawyers, accountants and consultants as part of the transaction process. This position combines operational experience and deal execution. In general, the Candidate will facilitate the execution of actionable items that are critical to PSA’s growth, capital raising and ultimate exit (which is expected in 2023).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete financial analysis of potential acquisition opportunities, greenfield growth projects, financial restructuring and operational service expansion. Work with Executive Team to develop and test key modeling assumptions
- Attend meetings with, and on behalf of the Executive Team, as requested; develop action items and follow-up with stakeholders on key initiatives, to ensure progress continues on all assigned work streams. Participate in the identification, design, development and implementation of assigned projects
- As appropriate, supervise third party service providers on projects
- Get involved and relieve any financial/operational bottlenecks
- Deliver follow-up summaries, recommend action steps based on analysis and execute action steps relating to operational, clinical and financial initiatives
- Lead the execution of key strategic initiatives and establish data-driven, fact-based presentations for critical issues
- Analyze, synthesize, and manage data provided by project teams and functional areas to efficiently deliver information to Executive Team to streamline decision-making processes
- Communicate with executive stakeholders, including extensive contact with general partners, lenders, intermediaries, and PSA staff, with a high level of sensitivity, diplomacy and professionalism
The ideal candidate would have extensive business operations/analytical experience/consulting experience and healthcare experience, as well as financial modeling experience. Some exposure to physician practices or the healthcare sector would be helpful but is not required. Other profiles under consideration would be 2-5 years of work experience including some combination of the following:
- Operations experience, preferably in a healthcare environment
- Private equity
- Investment banking
A successful candidate will have a flexible skill set which includes advanced Excel abilities, a “whatever it takes” attitude, a hunger to learn, an interest in digging deeper to a granular level to solve operational problems and a maturity to lead under stressful conditions. Due to the substantial pipeline of new acquisition opportunities, a successful Candidate would work on both internal operations and participate in deal due diligence and execution. Healthcare and physician practice industry experience is preferred but not mandatory. Like the rest of the Executive Team, the Candidate will be expected to be available when needed to meet critical deadlines. The position operates on a virtual basis with the Candidate working from home with some travel required. The Company currently operates in Central Texas, but is in the processing of expanding operations to other Midwest states.
The successful candidate will have an undergraduate degree with credentials that demonstrate academic success. Advanced credentials (CFA or CPA), degrees (MBA, JD or MBA/JD or MBA/MD) or substantial demonstrated experience will be a strong positive consideration.
The successful candidate should expect a base compensation package of $100k-$150k, depending on experience, as well as an annual cash bonus and a meaningful option/carry participation.
Resumes and a brief overview of interest should be sent to CVC’s Managing Partner, Tom Perlmutter, at email@example.com. Hiring date for the position is ASAP and resumes will be considered on a rolling basis as received. A modeling test and case study will be part of the interview process.