Who is Grant Thornton?
Hi. We’re Grant Thornton LLP, the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd (A.K.A. one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms.) With us, business feels more personal — for our clients and for you. That makes us different. Better. And we’re looking for applicants who are too.
Different how? It means working with numbers doesn’t make you a number. Here, your voice matters. Our inclusive community and caring culture rejects limits and egos, which helps make our work stronger and you thrive. From our global clients and no-silos style, we empower you with opportunity from day one, then set you up for long-term success with flexibility, resources and connections. It’s how we help you create a career you love — and more.
Interested? Get to know us better at gt.com/careers and read on to learn more how you’ll help us become even bolder:
Make your future bolder with Empower
Our virtual professional development program will equip you with the resources needed to find your path and achieve your goals. At Grant Thornton, we value diversity of thought and appreciate the unique perspectives each of our teammates bring. As a participant in the Empower program, you’ll develop lasting skills to aid you throughout your educational and professional career, participate in activities that encourage growth and development alongside your peers, and learn about opportunities for a future at Grant Thornton.
During the program, you will have the opportunity to develop new skills, explore our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and build real relationships with members of the Grant Thornton team. You’ll also have the option to interview for a rotational internship experience at the conclusion of the program. This virtual weeklong educational experience will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Sharpening your professional development and leadership skills
- Participating in mentorship sessions
- Interacting with Grant Thornton’s business resource groups
- Connecting with peers and becoming part of the Grant Thornton community
The Empower program is open to all eligible freshman students. Due to our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, candidates who self-identify as a member of a traditionally underrepresented population (Black, Hispanic or Latino, Native American, American Indian or Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, or two or more races), are strongly encouraged to apply.
- College freshman; or college sophomores on a 5-year track
- Currently pursuing or intends to pursue a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting
- Interest in opportunities within the accounting or professional services industries
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate and work in a complex team environment
- Strong preference given to those who desire to participate in student organizations, clubs, or society