Please apply to the position/location you are most interested in. In order to be considered for this position you must:
1. Apply through this job portal
2. Apply through the Grant Thornton Job portal at www.grantthornton.com/careers (including resume and transcript)
Once you navigate to the website, you can search by requisition number to find the correct posting.
Tax Digital Consulting Associate – Fall 2022 (Dallas) Req #: 102312
Who is Grant Thornton?
Hi. We’re Grant Thornton LLP, the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd (A.K.A. one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms.) With us, business feels more personal — for our clients and for you. That makes us different. Better. And we’re looking for applicants who are too.
Different how? It means working with numbers doesn’t make you a number. Here, your voice matters. Our inclusive community and caring culture rejects limits and egos, which helps make our work stronger and you thrive. From our global clients and no-silos style, we empower you with opportunity from day one, then set you up for long-term success with flexibility, resources and connections. It’s how we help you create a career you love — and more.
Why Join Tax Digital Consulting?
At Grant Thornton, our Tax Digital Consulting practice helps drive efficiencies, mitigate business risks, and increase the value of the tax functions of large enterprises. In addition, our team manages, automates, analyzes and visualizes data using data transformation and visualization tools to support process improvement initiatives. We also have a large team that implements for large organizations (through standard or custom integrations) transaction tax engines and tax reporting/compliance technologies, and we provide technical support for these technologies during and after implementation.
We work with complex multinational companies to understand the regulatory landscape and influence business decisions. If you have a desire to think globally in a fast-paced environment and influence important decisions in variety of business functions, then Tax Digital Consulting may be an area for you to consider.
- General business knowledge with a strong preference for Accounting Major or Minor
- Familiarity with analytics / visualization tools (e.g. Alteryx, DOMO, Power BI, Tableau)
- Familiarity with system infrastructure and application design
- Database architecture; creating queries and tables using, e.g., Oracle or SQL server
- Project management/project life-cycle knowledge and experience with systems/business analysis
- Technical/advanced writing skills
- Experience with web development techniques
- Experience working with back end databases and database management systems
- Knowledge of multiple ERP systems and databases (e.g. SAP, Oracle, MSFT)
- Transaction tax engine experience (e.g., Vertex, Thomson Reuters, Avalara)
- Familiarity with Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning, Robotics Process Automation and Blockchain and their impact on the regulatory environment
- Programming related coursework
- Java, C++ or .NET (C# or VB), R, Python proficiency
- Intellectually curious
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Dynamic thinker who challenges conventional wisdom
- Willingness to learn and adopt new technologies
- Ability to function within a geographically-distributed team
- Good listening skills and the ability to grasp business trends and needs
- Accounting degree with Data Science, Analytics, or Information Systems minor
- Information Systems or Computer Science degree with Accounting or Business minor
- Data Science or Analytics degree with Accounting or Business minor
- Software/system engineering
Grant Thornton LLP provides both local and national training programs related to an individual’s job responsibilities. We are committed to ongoing professional development and we encourage individuals to attend outside training seminars.
Grant Thornton LLP offers an outstanding opportunity for career growth and development, an attractive compensation and incentive program, generous benefits including immediate participation in our 401(k) plan, and a flexible work environment that offers individual enrichment opportunities in a team environment.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.