Please apply to the position/location you are most interested in. In order to be considered for this position you must:
1. Apply through this job portal (including resume and transcript)
2. Apply through the Grant Thornton Job portal at www.grantthornton.com/careers (including resume and transcript)
Once you navigate to the website, you can search by requisition number to find the correct posting.
Tax Intern – Winter 2022 (Houston) Req #:100994
Tax Intern – Winter 2022 (Dallas) Req #:101130
Who is Grant Thornton?
Hi. We’re Grant Thornton LLP, the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd (A.K.A. one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms.) With us, business feels more personal — for our clients and for you. That makes us different. Better. And we’re looking for applicants who are too.
Different how? It means working with numbers doesn’t make you a number. Here, your voice matters. Our inclusive community and caring culture rejects limits and egos, which helps make our work stronger and you thrive. From our global clients and no-silos style, we empower you with opportunity from day one, then set you up for long-term success with flexibility, resources and connections. It’s how we help you create a career you love — and more.
What is Tax?
Grant Thornton’s tax specialists complement our clients’ accounting teams while maintaining their auditors’ independence with our compliance services and customized tax planning advice. We have capabilities to advise our clients on various tax strategies including federal tax services, state and local tax services, international tax services, industry tax services, family wealth planning, and compensation and benefit plan design, as well as consult on other complex tax matters.
Why become a Tax Intern at Grant Thornton?
During your internship at Grant Thornton, you will be exposed to tax procedures including tax consulting and tax return preparation which will involve tax research, tax planning, and the preparation of supporting work papers on various tax returns and projects. You will have an opportunity to work alongside Partners, Senior Executives, and peers as a member of the engagement team. Additionally, you will have an opportunity to learn new skillsets, be involved in office community activities, and build lasting relationships with members of the Grant Thornton team. Your internship will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Working on a variety of client engagements in varying industries
- Networking with your peers
- Meeting with your mentor for regular feedback and professional development discussions
- Connecting with fellow interns and Grant Thornton staff at social events
- Participating in team-building exercises
- Giving back to the community through outreach activities
- Sharpening your leadership skills
Additional Job Responsibilities Include
- Reviewing data input, identifying and resolving technical tax issues, and assisting in the review of tax preparations completed by our firm in India
- Responding to inquiries from the IRS and other taxing authorities
- Identifying, researching, and assessing various tax issues while also providing information to senior staff members
- Identifying and carrying out other projects as assigned
- Collaboratively working with client team members while building rapport and strong client relationships
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting
- Completion of JD and/or LLM in Taxation
- Overall minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
- The willingness and ability to work additional hours, as needed, and travel to various client sites
- Excellent analytical, communication (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills
- Strong technical aptitude and skillset
- Demonstrated project management skillset including project planning and time management Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a complex team environment
Grant Thornton LLP offers an outstanding opportunity for career growth and development, an attractive compensation and incentive program, generous benefits including immediate participation in our 401(k) plan, and a flexible work environment that offers individual enrichment opportunities in a team environment.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.