Green Energy Consumers Alliance is a non-profit agent that enables people to make green energy choices in the most cost-effective, practical and seamless ways possible, and to advocate for energy policies that benefit the greater good. Our energy programs offer New Englanders: Discounts on electric vehicles; Green electricity for homes, offices, and whole communities; Efficient electricity & heating; Advocacy for climate-friendly energy policy.
Internship responsibilities include:
• Provide remote customer service to members and prospective members of our Green Powered green electricity program;
• Administrative tasks – data management and phone and email outreach;
• Assist on Drive Green outreach;
• Draft communications for members and participants;
• Assist with webinars and events;
• Research, as needed, into policies and programs around electric vehicles, heat pumps, grid modernization, and renewables.
• Good written & verbal communication skills;
• Access to a setting that is conducive to providing phone and email customer service remotely (using software provided by Green Energy Consumers);
• Good organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to closely follow written procedures;
• Experience in customer service;
• Permanent residency in Massachusetts, OR attending a MA college or university. Your graduation year must be 2021, 2022, 2023, or 2024.
• Familiarity with electric vehicles and renewable energy, with a desire to learn more.
• Familiarity with environmental policy and research, with a desire to learn more.
• Driver’s license.
This 20 – 30 hours per week, 12-week internship will be conducted in hybrid fashion, both remotely and from our office in Boston. The hours can be fulfilled around your schedule, but must be during 9am-6pm M-F. The internship is contingent upon funding from the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center.