Help people make green energy choices in practical and
Green Energy Consumers Alliance is a non-profit agent that enables people to
make green energy choices in the most cost-effective, practical and seamless
ways possible, and to advocate for energy policies that benefit the greater
good. Our energy programs offer New Englanders:
· Discounts on electric vehicles
· Green electricity for homes, offices, and whole communities
· Efficient electricity & heating
· Advocacy for climate-friendly energy policy
Internship responsibilities include:
· Provide remote customer service to members and prospective members of our Green Powered green electricity program;
· Perform daily administrative tasks to include data management and phone and email outreach;
· Draft communications for members and participants;
· Assist with webinars;
· General program administrative tasks and projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Research, as needed, into policies and programs around electric vehicles, grid modernization, and renewables.
· Good written & verbal communication skills;
· Access to a setting that is conducive to providing phone and email customer service remotely (using software provided by Green Energy Consumers);
· Good organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to closely follow
· Experience in customer service;
· Permanent residency in Massachusetts, OR attending a MA college or university. Your graduation year must be 2020, 2021, 2022, or 2023.
· Familiarity with electric vehicles and renewable energy, with a desire to learn more;
· Fluency in a second language.
- Experience or familiarity with environmental policy and research, with a desire to learn more.
This 20 – 30 hours per week, 12-week internship will be conducted primarily remotely, and, health & safety permitting, occasionally from our office in the Jamaica Plain neighborhood of Boston. The hours can be fulfilled around your schedule, but must be during 9am-6pm M-F. The internship is contingent upon funding from the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center