BE Valued. BE Rewarded. BE Fulfilled.
Join a team that is driven by excellence, integrity, passion and dedication. At Greystar, it is our goal to continually encourage our teams to go Beyond Expectations (BE). As the global leader in multifamily real estate, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Property Accountant to join our team!
Location: Houston, TX
Perks: Greystar offers a competitive salary and full benefits package including medical, dental and vision plans, short and long-term disability insurance, a 401(k) plan with company match, educational reimbursement, flexible spending accounts, an employee assistance program, generous holiday and vacation package, and more!
· Compiles and analyzes financial information in preparation for entry into various financial statements and accounting reports, and makes appropriate journal entries for recording in the general ledger.
· Reviews budget, revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting documents and researches and resolves discrepancies as necessary.
· Performs bank reconciliations and cash management duties.
· Communicates with on-site and other property managers to assist in completing pre-close and close activities, answer questions, provide support, and ensure timely completion of accounting processes for on-time client and company reporting.
· Acts as a liaison to internal and external auditors.
· Completes various financial, accounting, administrative, and other reports and analysis, and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
· Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to prepare and explain financial data to clients, senior managers, staff and internal and external auditors.
· Demonstrated mathematical skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers, decimals, and fractions, and calculate percentages in order to complete financial records, budgets, and other fiscal reporting information.
· Employment history that demonstrates the application and usage of an accounting and financial background.
College degree in accounting, business, finance, or related field, and/or equivalent experience is highly preferred.
YOUR OPPORTUNITY is Beyond Expectations: BE Greystar.
For additional information; visit our website at www.greystar.com. EOE