Guggenheim Securities’ Restructuring Group is a leading advisor to companies investors and other stakeholders navigating complex financial situations and financial distress. Guggenheim Securities recently announced the acquisition of Millstein & Co. a leading advisor to companies investors sovereigns and municipalities and other constituencies in special situations involving financial distress. The combined Restructuring Group advises companies creditors shareholders and other constituents on a wide range of distressed-related transactions including comprehensive balance sheet recapitalizations liability management transactions facilitated via amendment exchange and consent solicitation distressed financings and distressed M&A. Recent transactions include Caesars Entertainment Claire’s Iconix Brand Group Intelsat Payless Shoesource and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
Guggenheim Securities Investment Banking unit is seeking candidates to join the Restructuring Group for a 10 week Summer Associate Intern Program. This program offers an unparalleled opportunity to work as part of small client teams on major strategic assignments providing meaningful exposure to senior bankers and client representatives. Candidates should be top performers who are willing to work hard in an unstructured environment where initiative creativity maturity and enthusiasm for learning are highly valued. We are seeking bright highly motivated individuals with solid finance knowledge coupled with strong technical skills.
- Identifying researching and analyzing liability management restructuring distressed M&A and financing opportunities.
- Developing and maintaining complex financial models capital structure solutions and strategic alternatives for clients.
- Completing and reviewing valuation analysis.
- Researching company information and industry trends.
- Performing client due diligence.
- Preparing information memoranda and other transaction-related documentation.
- Preparing and contributing to delivery of client presentations and interacting with senior bankers clients lawyers and accountants.
- Managing and developing junior staff qualifications.
- 2-5 years of work experience.
- Core modeling and valuation experience.
- Significant level of maturity and the ability to work as a team interfacing with top company executives and senior management.
- Highly organized with the initiative and ability to work with limited supervision.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Effective process management abilities.
- Must be on track to receive a MBA in finance / economics or a related field from a top university.
- Must be on track to graduate in either December 2021 or Spring 2022.