Guidehouse is a leading management consulting firm serving the public and commercial markets. We guide our clients forward towards new futures that build trust in society and your professional skills along the journey. Join us at Guidehouse.
This is a part-time internship in conjunction with the University of Wisconin’s REDA master’s program. We expect the program to start in early February and end in late June of 2021. Interns will need to commit to 2-3 hours weekly at the onset of our program and later work 8 hour weeks in May through June.
· Bachelor’s (or equivalent work experience) in Data Science, Economics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Environmental Engineering/Science, Computational Physics or other analytics degree
· Strong understanding of one or several programming languages, such as R (and R’s "Tidyverse" packages), Python, SQL, as well as analytics software/platforms such as Analytica and GIS
· Outstanding problem-solving skills and critical thinking
· Demonstrated proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, word processing, and slide presentation software
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to simply convey complex concepts
· Highly developed organizational and time-management skills
· High degree of self-confidence and determination; ability to self-teach
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Strong interest in clean energy solutions, smart grid, demand management, electric mobility, decarbonization, pricing/rates, and/or advanced grid technologies
· Academic background and/or practical experience in big data analysis, statistics, machine learning, System Dynamics, linear and nonlinear optimization, Monte Carlo analysis, risk analysis and decision theory, or consumer choice analysis
· Experience with SQL database queries and development, web-based data viewers (PowerBI, Shiny R, and/or Spotfire), or GIS platforms (QGIS and/or ArcGIS)
· Experience with version control (e.g., Git)
The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
401(k) Retirement Plan
Basic Life & Supplemental Life
Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
Skills Development & Certifications
Employee Referral Program
Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program