The corporate auditor is responsible for planning and performing financial and operational audits and other special projects to identify and test compliance with the company’s financial standards and identify operational inefficiencies. Good interpersonal skills, both written and verbal are required to effectively communicate audit issues to management. The auditor must be able to coordinate multiple projects and be able to work in various environments. The position requires a minimum of 30% combined domestic and international travel.
- Plan all aspects of the audit, including assessing the initial level of risk prior to the audit and developing a risk profile.
- Perform audit procedures to determine the reliability of internal controls and document results. Prepare audit programs as deemed appropriate.
- Work closely with the audit team members to understand the process and controls at the audit locations.
- Identify, evaluate and communicate audit issues to audit and location management. Conduct audit entrance and exit conferences.
- Prepare audit observations for issues identified during an audit assignment.
- Prepare and organize audit work papers to document work performed and support the audit comments.
- Participates in audit department continuous improvement including revising existing programs and questionnaires.
- An undergraduate degree in business administration or accounting or related field. A CPA certificate is highly desirable.
- Typically has fewer than 2 years of experience. Entry level position.
- A thorough working knowledge of audit practices and procedures, including good analytical skills.
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple projects, prioritizes tasks, and exercise good judgment
- Ability to travel 30% of the time both internationally and domestically.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with SAP.
Additional preferred qualifications include:
· Other relevant certifications (CIA/CFE)
· An understanding of the Institute of Internal Auditors Standards
· An understanding of or prior experience in the energy services industry
· Foreign language—written and oral (Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese or French)