Formulate and execute marketing plans in support of the Credit Union’s business goals. Develop and oversee promotions through integrated channels including-but not limited to-mass, direct, social media, other electronic and interactive channels. Responsible for campaign and channel plans and related budgets that achieve stated objectives. Participate in the development of new services and products based on member needs. Track campaign effectiveness utilizing metrics such as return-on-investment (ROI). Assist in the coordination of special events, staff enrichment and business development initiatives to promote and expand CU Membership.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Marketing Promotions, Campaigns, & Product Development
- Coordinate with outside vendors regarding campaigns and electronic marketing such as web hosts, in-branch digital displays, on-hold messaging and web ads
- Graphic layout and design
- Coordinate with vendors for credit union marketing needs
- Write copy and create design for internal and external promotional pieces including newsletters, posters, flyers, postcards, etc.
- Review proofs for internal and external publications that include direct mail pieces, statement stuffers, newsletters, web page, memos, electronic signs, posters, and other mediums
- Electronic Marketing
Daily maintenance of web site and intranet site including copy and graphic changes, development of new site pages and sections, and updating of information, regulations, and rates. Will also include regular monitoring of other appropriate web sites for ideas.
- Develop, design, implement, and track electronic campaigns, newsletters and advertising
- Conducts research via online and data processor systems for: target-market projects, and to track promotion results
- Maintain all electronic marketing lists and mailboxes through email client
- Develop graphics and text for updating online banking sites and social media channels
- Manage lobby and drive thru marketing as well as develop graphic materials
- Assist with new product implementation including product descriptions, and cross-selling
- Develop and place electronic advertising
- Assist in developing electronic copy and graphics for business development, and campaigns
Gather information for product development issues including industry comparisons, positive and negative results, alternative vendor providers and marketing statistics in the financial industry.
Research information about the SEGs serviced by the credit union to assist in developing marketing and business development strategies. Information may include demographic data as well as trends relating to purchasing habits and financial services needs.
Compose routine correspondence, maintains marketing department files, faxes and makes copies as necessary
Set up for marketing events, business development opportunities, and other meetings
Identify opportunities to provide exposure for the credit union through community events, partnerships, educational activities, and the media.
Assist with the annual meeting
Coordinate credit union participation in SEG, community and charitable activities
Purchase appropriate media and supplies for credit union marketing and advertising needs
Assist in the creation of sales culture by motivating and educating staff on credit union’s goals, objectives, products and services
Maintain excellent knowledge of all credit union product and service features, advantages, and benefits and cross-sell to prospective and current members at sponsor company orientations and meetings.
Assist in coordinating special events including children’s club activities, employee events, and marketing promotions
Conduct member financial education seminars
Update marketing promotional and events calendars as needed
Other duties as assigned
1. To provide friendly, prompt professional and accurate service and support to all members and co-workers
2. To maintain an excellent knowledge of financial services offered by the Credit Union
3. To be knowledgeable of competitors financial services
4. To maintain a professional work environment and businesslike appearance.
5. To troubleshoot and resolve member and internal inquiries in a timely, friendly and accurate manner
6. To maintain a dependable record of attendance and timeliness.
7. To participate as a team member in the department and the overall team
8. To cross-train in other departments as needed and attend all training relative to position
9. To complete required daily tasks in a timely efficient manner
10. To adhere to all Credit Union policies
QUALIFICATIONS AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience/Education: Bachelor’s degree and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Interpersonal Skills: Employee must have a pleasant personality with the ability to communicate effectively.
- Employee must have the ability to get along with co-workers and members.
- Employee must be dependable and punctual.
- Employee must be able to retain confidential information and make mature and professional decisions based on knowledge of Credit Union policies and procedures.
Other Skills: Employee must be efficient and accurate with a calculator and a computer (MS Word, Excel, etc).
Employee must be proficient with graphic design programs (Adobe creative suite, etc)
Employee must be able to compose meaningful written correspondence.
Employee must possess satisfactory reading, writing, math, clerical and communication skills.
Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
Mobility to frequently alternate between sitting, standing, moving about the facilities, and local travel.
Creativity – ability to generate new and unique ideas as solutions to issues, brainstorm, and develop non- traditional ways of doing business.
Organization skills – arrange information and files in a useful manner.