Are you a tech-savvy person who likes analyzing, understanding, and visualizing data? Then, this might be the position for you! HCSS, an innovative construction software company based in Sugar Land (southwest Houston), TX and recognized as one of the “Best Companies to Work for in Texas” 13 years in a row is searching for a Data Analyst Intern!
As a Data Analyst Intern, you’ll…
- Assist in developing reports and dashboards in Power BI or Tableau
- Document requirements, design, and develop impactful reports to support business operations
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as Support, Customer Success, Implementation, etc. to help resolve customer issues
- Learn best practices and skills with an industry-leading tool (Salesforce)
- Learn about how Heavy Construction companies use the HCSS suite of software to solve their business problems
What we are looking for:
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited college/university and graduating on or after December 2021. You will work year-round, including the summer break.
- Preferably, you are able to commute to our office in Sugar Land, TX (southwest side of Houston).
- Robust experience in Excel and the MS Office 365 suite as well as significant exposure to Power BI, Tableau, or other related data visualization programs
- Experience extracting, cleaning, and summarizing data from SQL databases
- Exposure to SQL, Python, APIs, SSMS, SSRS, and DAX
- Majoring in Management Information Systems, Data Analytics, Business Administration, Computer Information Systems or a field of study that showcases your data wrangling acumen
Here’s what to expect:
- You must be able to work at least 15 hours a week (preferably up to 25 hours) during the Fall & Spring semesters. For major school breaks, you can work up to 40 hours a week. Don’t worry, we’ll work around your school schedule although we’re closed on the weekends.
- Training and mentoring will be provided and you’ll receive feedback on your performance regularly.
- Depending on your performance, you may be given a full-time offer upon graduation and be eligible for ALL of our amazing perks, including profit sharing, continuous learning funds, a wellness fund, and more!
Did we mention that we’ll pay you too? That’s money towards your student loans, a fun night out in town, or for your next trip abroad!
What are you waiting for? It’s time to take charge of your career and make your impact. The sky’s the limit on what you can achieve!
Part of our recruitment process includes a math/logic test. HCSS will send you an email within the week after you apply with the test link. In case this is not in your inbox, please also check your spam/junk mail folder. If this is a re-application for the same position, please utilize the test link that was sent to you in your original application.
Our hiring process can be found here. If you have any questions or encounter issues with the test, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have a carefully selected group of agency partnerships that we’re not looking to expand at this time. Any unsolicited resumes will be deemed the property of HCSS.
This is NOT a contract position, and at this time we are NOT sponsoring H1-B Visas. You will work sometimes remotely and in the office during COVID with the need to relocate to Houston post-COVID fully.