Does your daily task list or discussion include reviewing syslogs, backup, encryption, user support and troubleshooting? Do you enjoy working with sophisticated software and hardware? If so, you may be the perfect candidate for our IT Analyst position.
As a member of the HCSS IT team you will be exposed to new technology, management tools, and enterprise grade applications. Working in a 14-time “Best Places to Work in Texas” organization, you will be surrounded by smart and enthusiastic colleagues and the opportunity to further your career development. Our IT Analysts ensure day-to-day functionality of our office by managing servers, storage and network infrastructure, performing general computer maintenance, deployment, and addressing technical support requests. If it sounds exciting to you, then this is the dream job for you!
- Self-motivated energetic individual
- Possess strong communication skills
- Appreciation for learning and sharing knowledge
- 3 years of experience in tier 2 systems administration and support
- Experience working on servers, storage and LAN
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Information System Management is preferred but not required
We like to share how success can be achieved rather than an ambiguous “responsibilities” section you may find elsewhere. Below are objectives that will be used to evaluate your abilities in your first year here:
- Demonstrate knowledge of end user systems and network troubleshooting
- Develop working relationships with coworkers
- Demonstrate knowledge of application and print servers
- Present a 15 minute overview of troubleshooting steps for end user laptops and phones
- Show to have learned HCSS culture by integrating successfully into the IT team
- Respond independently to no less than 50 service tickets by end of month 2
- Learn to provision desk phones, computers and mobile devices
- Demonstrate knowledge of end user equipment and system security
- Present a 15 minute overview of the network topology
- Own the on-boarding process for all new incoming employees
- Respond independently to no less than 100 service tickets by end of month 4
- Contribute to ongoing IT projects
- Provide 10 minute presentation on one leading Technology matter
- Troubleshoot Mimecast and Gmail end user delivery issues
- Show proficiency in all G-Suite products (mail, calendar, users, groups, drive, docs, etc)
- Identify areas within IT Services where improvements can be made. Propose solutions and gain managerial approval to make the necessary changes
- Contribute to, maintain the helpful and courteous atmosphere within the organization
- Attend company lunch meetings and give presentations on technology topics and IT projects
- With managerial approval, determine an IT certification goal and achieve it by month 12
Part of our recruitment process includes an easy 8th-grade level math/logic test. Most people finish this in 15 minutes or less. HCSS will automatically send you an email after you apply with the test link. In case this is not in your inbox, please also check your spam/junk mail folder.
Our hiring process can be found here. If you have any questions or encounter issues with the test, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
We have a carefully selected group of agency partnerships that we’re not looking to expand at this time. Any unsolicited resumes will be deemed the property of HCSS.
This is NOT a contract position, and at this time we are NOT sponsoring H1-B Visas. You will work in-person at our office in Houston, TX with full-time employees having the opportunity to work from home once a week.
To learn more about our company and unique culture, please visit careers.hcss.com