HCSS, an innovative construction software company based in Sugar Land (Southwest Houston), TX and recognized as one of the “Best Companies to Work for in Texas” 14 years in a row is looking for a Mid-Level Software Developer as an extension of our growing Development Department.
In this role, you will focus on creating custom development projects for our Enterprise customers. You will participate in the sales process and design sessions to scope out technical requirements with our clients, collaborate with the Product Management and Development teams, and provide assistance to custom integration projects that involve SQL databases, flat files, REST API, ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) tools, and more.
Preferably, here is what we’re looking for…
- You have 3-5 years of development experience in .NET using object-oriented programming
- 2+ years of working in a development team utilizing Agile processes
- You have the ability to think on your feet and good at problem-solving
- Strong technical communication and presentation skills focused on custom solutions for end users
- Infrastructure and cloud experience with Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, or Google Cloud Platform
Part of our mission statement is to provide a great life for our employees so we offer a variety of amazing perks including:
- 100% paid medical and dental premiums with HRA funds of up to $3,000
- On-site wellness amenities and $1,000 wellness fund
- 401K with match
- Company-wide profit-sharing (with the five year average being 27.6% of salary) and employee stock ownership
- $1,000 continuous learning fund and up to $3,000 educational advancement funds
Part of our recruitment process includes an easy 8th-grade level math/logic test. Most people finish this in 15 minutes or less. HCSS will automatically send you an email after you apply with the test link. Check your spam/junk mail folder in case it’s not in your inbox.
If you have any questions or encounter issues with the test, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out our website at careers.hcss.com as well for more info.
We have a carefully selected group of agency partnerships that we’re not looking to expand at this time. Any unsolicited resumes will be deemed the property of HCSS.
This is NOT a contract position, and at this time we are NOT sponsoring H1-B Visas.
Though our on campus culture is one of our favorite things about working at HCSS, for the safety of our employees and their families we are currently operating under an optional work from home policy. We will continue allowing our employees to choose whether to work from home or on-site until we fully return to the office (Houston).