HCSS, a 14-time “Best Company to Work For in Texas” software company in Sugar Land is searching for a Software Development Intern to work during the school semester and summer break. This is a PAID internship where you will gain in-depth skills in our tech stack that will take you further to success. You will make an impact by contributing to our product teams in order to deliver high-quality software applications to our customers.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You’re currently enrolled in an accredited college/university in Houston, TX and able to commute to our office during your internship later in the year 2021.
- A huge plus if you can work year-round with us (Summer Break + Fall 2021).
- Another huge plus if you have experience with C# and/or some knowledge in React.
- You’re cooperative and like to lend a helping hand to others. We have a collaborative culture here at HCSS where teamwork makes the dreamwork!
- You’re detail-oriented, a problem solver, and a logical thinker.
What will you be doing?
- You will be on one of our product development teams working alongside 4-7 other full-time employees helping to design and solve unique development problems that are faced by our customers.
- Creating test cases, unit testing, and using automation tools to help enhance and improve our HCSS software.
- Getting exposure to both standard software stacks (ex. .NET using MVC, iOS, Android and others) as well as in software that was custom architected to meet specific HCSS needs.
- Pair programming, participating in bug bashes, hunting down requirements for loosely defined stories, and self-learning over new technologies.
- Work with our technical support team and quality control specialists, troubleshoot customer problems and write test cases.
“Nice to Haves”:
- Exposure to Microsoft Visual Studio (.NET or later versions)
- Experience with source control tools (i.e git or TFS)
- Exposure to agile development and processes
Here’s what to expect:
- During the Fall/Spring semester, you can work up to 25 hours a week. We’ll work around your school schedule. During the Summer Break, you can work up to 40 hours a week.
- Training and mentoring will be provided and you’ll receive feedback on your performance regularly. You’ll have numerous opportunities to continuously grow your knowledge base.
- Depending on your performance, you may be given a full-time offer upon graduation and be eligible for ALL of our amazing perks, including profit sharing, continuous learning funds, a wellness fund, and more!
Part of our recruitment process includes an easy 8th-grade level math/logic test. Most people finish this in 15 minutes or less. HCSS will automatically send you an email after you apply with the test link. In case this is not in your inbox, please also check your spam/junk mail folder.
Our hiring process can be found here. If you have any questions or encounter issues with the test, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
We have a carefully selected group of agency partnerships that we’re not looking to expand at this time. Any unsolicited resumes will be deemed the property of HCSS.
This is NOT a contract position, and at this time we are NOT sponsoring H1-B Visas. You will work in-person at our office in Houston, TX with full-time employees having the opportunity to work from home once a week.