HERhealthEQ is a global non-profit social enterprise focused on women’s health in developing countries with a mission to improve women’s health in developing countries by providing access to medical equipment, creating an equitable standard of care. We value Sustainability, Health Equity, are Impact-Driven, and Community Commitment.
The Social Media Intern will assist with marketing strategies and social publishing process creation geared towards drawing in donors, partners, supporters, and followers of HERhealthEQ’s work.
This intern will support our Executive team and Board with marketing campaigns, SEO strategy and social media brand development. The intern will gain valuable experience in contributing to brainstorming sessions, social media outreach, marketing research, and other office administration tasks. This internship will provide the opportunity to work closely with our business and marketing team to create innovative online marketing solutions to reach the nonprofit community.
Those with a strong interest and/or experience in healthcare for women are greatly encouraged to apply.
Key responsibilities & training include:
- Writing, posting, and maintaining SEO-friendly, lead-generating content online
- Assisting with content scheduling, platforms, and measurement
- Gathering, classifying, organizing, and managing keywords through various tools and techniques
- Tracking and analyzing analytics data across inbound marketing channels to evaluate growth opportunities and bottlenecks
- Listening, monitoring, and engaging in relevant social discussion about our customers, their competitors, and/or industries
- Strategizing new ideas and opportunities for success
- Building nonprofit database
- Assembly and creation of activity reports; updating KPIs and metrics dashboard
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Self-starter; creative problem-solver; resourceful; ability to multi-task; collaborative
- Well-versed in Internet technologies and social media applications
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, HTML, Canva, Hootsuite, and SQL a plus
- Ability to dedicate 5-10 hours week (flexible timing)
Suggested skills, not required:
- Knowledge of global health understanding/experience
- Global perspective
- Alignment with HERhealthEQ’s mission and vision
- Development and design skills (show us)
- Understanding on how to grow and develop a following
There is a small stipend available for this position. There is opportunity for school credit if allowed by the college/university of applicant. Position offers an excellent opportunity to work on substantive projects and can result in a great reference.
This is a remote position, could be located anywhere. Preferability within 5 hours of EST (New York).
Please include with submission:
- Resume / CV
- Cover letter expressing interest in internship
- Examples of previous social media work, if applicable