Rotational internship through various Accounting/Finance departments within the company.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Spends approximately five to six weeks in two accounting departments during the summer.
- Will be introduced to the function of each department and given entry-level work.
- Accounting/Finance Departments:
- Production & Regulatory – tracks and allocates oil & gas production and reports to the regulatory agencies
- Revenue – records oil and gas sales
- Royalty and Severance Tax – files and pays royalties and severance taxes
- Midstream – accounts for all pipeline and plant activity
- Accounts Payable – records and pays expenditures
- Joint Interest Billing – bills partners pursuant to Joint Operating Agreements
- Business Analysis – maintains accounting system
- Treasury – handles all cash management, including cash investing and debt repayments, and commodity derivative accounting
- Risk Management & Insurance – provides risk assessments and maintains company insurance policies
- Interns will be introduced to other accounting/finance departments in order to provide a full picture of accounting/finance functions.
- Adheres to the company’s values – integrity, ownership, urgency, alignment and innovation.
- Supports company vision and mission.
- Adheres to established work schedule, attendance standards and is punctual to work and meetings.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Is highly motivated, shares our core values and has a passion to succeed.
- Has desire to work in the Oil & Gas production accounting/finance field.
- Has strong analytical ability.
- Has outstanding administrative and organizational skills.
- Has excellent spreadsheet and data management skills.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills, with specific ability to present financial information in an organized and concise manner.
- Has the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers and management.
- Proficiency in the use and application of the following software: Required: Microsoft Office Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Candidate for a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance maintaining a 3.0 grade point average.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations: