This is a Brand Marketing, Event Tracking, and Brand Activation role. (Not social media or advertising.)
The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo™ is seeking one qualified intern to join our marketing team for the fall with the potential for continuing through the spring 2022 semester.
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once including ones with quick deadlines
- Customer service mindset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software include Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communications
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Must be self-motivated, with a keen attention to detail in all work assignments
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Support in the planning of all Downtown Rodeo Events including Parade, Trail Ride, Rodeo Run as well as several other committee events.
- Assist in Howdy’s Kids Club management and content.
- Track event paperwork, deposits, entertainment, and venue contracts for events
- Correspondence with committee volunteers and Trail Ride members by phone and e-mail
- Assist with planning HLSR activations at community events such as Thanksgiving Day Parade, Rodeo Bowl, Chicano Festival
- Promotional items inventory and management
- Assist committees with questions or requests.
- Other tasks as assigned.
This is a part-time, non-paid position that will require between 15 to 20 hours of work per week.
About the Show
The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo™ promotes agriculture by hosting an annual, family-friendly experience that educates and entertains the public, supports Texas youth, showcases Western heritage and provides year-round educational support within the community. Since its beginning in 1932, the Rodeo has committed more than $500 million to the youth of Texas. For more information, visit rodeohouston.com and connect with #RODEOHOUSTON online via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube for all of the latest news. The 2021 Rodeo is scheduled for Feb 28 – March 20, 2022.